Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Hatching a good pet questions

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 15, 2009
So recently I have gotten the Bloodhound pet as a lucky drop (I didn't even knew it existed!) and was elated. I have had the same first gen hawk pet for the longest time, that I love, but I realize I need to move on from that specific pet. I love my hawk (The look not the stats), but the bloodhound looks so cool that I want to start actually training pets to get a good one since the original stats are so bad and I'm not life, I'm an Ice. If I learn from this, I'll go back and re-make a new hawk too! :)

ANYWAYS,

I want to know, when you hatch a pet with yourself, lets say I hatch a snowball pet (since Im ice, I want ice stats) and I get the bloodhound, do I keep hatching the new pet I get with the original snowball? If I hatch with a friend to get spell-proof or another resistance talent, do I just keep hatching with the original bloodhound?

Now I understand all of that sounds hectic and trust me writing that out was a chore, but the basic idea is is that I don't know what to hatch what with what. I want a Bloodhound, but with Ice stats and resist, maybe pixie. I just don't know what to hatch. I've googled up help but I can't really find anything.

Please help if you can, It will be greatly appreciated! :)

Survivor
Jul 14, 2010
Pick the pet that you want to stick with and find someone who has a pet with talents you want/need.

You hatch with them and level the pet up to adult. If by adult you have a talent you don't want/need then stop training the pet and hatch again with the adult pet and the friend with the talents you want. Rinse/repeat until you get the desired talents that you want.

Yes, pet training is very time consuming and repetitive and downright frustrating at points but stick in there. You will have a pet with the talents you want one day.