Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Enchanted Weaknesses and Shields next update

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 14, 2009
I have been a pthis game since it came out, and anyone who played this game when it only went to dragonspyre knows that it has become unbalanced in that schools have lost their originality and that it has become overpowered.

Everything now is luck and no skill. To fight that, I think Wizard101 needs to make side spells that enchants weaknesses and shields just like they did with blades. I also think they need to stick to what they began with when it came to school benefits and weaknesses.

For example, the only reason storm was so powerful in the beginning was because they had low accuracy. Now Wizard101 gave them even more power and didn't even lower their gear's accuracy to balance it out. If you ask me its just bad. And that's only one example of a school no longer being balanced. Another is that I am a death with 123 damage and 53 resist, nuff said, that's storm power. Even though I like it, it still sucks that schools aren't what they started out to be.

Another way I feel like they could balance it out is by giving side spells that make other players think before they use certain gear. For example, I really think it would be cool if death had a side spell that converts damage over time to heal over time and vice versa. And if that's too op then the first DOT to HOT should be life and the HOT to DOT one death. This would stop a lot of people from using spritely spamming pets but also stop people from trying to poison all the time. That's just one of the many types of spells Kingsisle can come up with to counteract previous changes. Anyone else have any ideas?
layer of

Champion
Mar 25, 2011
I agree, these days nearly all of the max level wizards I have seen have around the same amounts for stats. Over 100% damage, 40+% resist, fizzle-proof, accuracy, 500+ critical, etc.

The descriptions for each school's attributes and weakness has become incredibly obsolete. And you wonder why people start to lose interest. End game, you join the hoards of max wizards with too similar stats. The only thing that makes max wizards different now are their school spells or perhaps their play styles.

I'm gonna shoot out some crazy suggestions so that people can start providing some actually realistic changes.

- You're fizzle proof? Lets start making some of the higher rank spells with 40-60% base accuracy. Storm is meant to sacrifice accuracy for damage.

- Insane resist? Then your gear's damage can be slashed a few notches down to compensate.

- Passion can burn you up and consume you, leaving nothing but a charred husk of your former self. Hmm, interesting. Suggestions?

- Life is known to be flighty and free, as stated in the school's description. Sometimes a lack of discipline is noted. Suggestions?

- Dreams can escape and become wild. Perhaps spells that invoke the concept of chance such as spells like wild bolt or insane bolt to really challenge conjurers on deciding to follow their mind or that which can be.

- Spells like sacrifice and dark pact are great. Taking life from oneself to heighten strength, yet bringing one closer to death. Maybe more of these? Maybe bad juju should do more damage to self.

- I've yet to really notice Balance touch on the aspects of Death. Suggestions?

Maybe some schools need changes on their spells, maybe some schools need changes on their gear. I can't say for sure who needs what, but lets look how far we've come and follow the concepts we learned in our schools moving forward to start thinking more about strategy than just getting the best gear.