Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Possibility?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 28, 2011
What if there was a feature that allowed you to reset a single world to replay it's questline? I figure it'd a be a cool idea, especially for wizards that are too underleveled to go to the next story world and can get more XP, or for maxed wizards that want something to do.

I picture it to be something like on the game Poptropica: The islands, which are a lot like the spiral's worlds, can be reset at any time after the first completion to be replayed. Why not have a similar feature for Wizard101?

Survivor
May 26, 2013
I think I had some sort of nightmare about this once
I like this idea, you could do that while waiting for a new update or something. It could give half the experience it did when you first went through it, similar to instances. However, it should have to confirm with you like twice, so you don't accidentally restart Azteca or something. That would be bad.

P.S. I used to love Poptropica

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Hmm, interesting idea. I'm not sure how well received that it would be though. As you can easily make another character if you want to retry some old worlds!

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
subata speaks on Jul 7, 2016 wrote:
What if there was a feature that allowed you to reset a single world to replay it's questline? I figure it'd a be a cool idea, especially for wizards that are too underleveled to go to the next story world and can get more XP, or for maxed wizards that want something to do.

I picture it to be something like on the game Poptropica: The islands, which are a lot like the spiral's worlds, can be reset at any time after the first completion to be replayed. Why not have a similar feature for Wizard101?
That option might work for some but in all honesty, there really isn't any reason to be underleveled unless a player is skipping the side quests that have been a part of the game since the beginning. Now that side worlds like WinterTusk have and are being introduced into the game, there is even less reasons to be underleveled. I am not talking about all these side/optional level specific dungeons but, even running some of those can help a player level up.

The side quests in each world do provide additional XP as well as in some instances, those training points that are needed to buy out of school spells. Let's take the "Zeke" quest as an example. He asks you to find usually around 10 of a given item. Once you have found them all and turned it in, you gain additional XP, Gold and Training points. The "Books/Tomes" for each world it the same way. Additional XP, gold and Training points.

There are multiple things that would have to be considered in order to set up an option to replay a world...If a player did do all the side quests, then for that same player, those would have to be omitted from the second time round. At some point, this late in the game, I think there would be so many bugs it would not only disrupt the normal progression but, create even bigger issues. Maxed wizards do help others through difficult worlds and usually a world they like.

W101 is not like all other games which is why I and many others play it. If it were, I would not be here playing since 2009.