Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet Expansion Please

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 11, 2010
You have given us so many new pets could we have a bric a brak expansion for pets. Or better yet a castle just for pets. idea 7 towers for 7 schools each a school color with 6 levels each for baby to ultra and special :) maybe a park for pets in it with interactive toys.
Just a thought love all my pets.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
There already exists the "Pet Tome" that says you've unlocked this pet. Could we make it so that once you have that you can rebuy that pet with gold as often as you'd like or something? It could also encourage people to delete some pets that have failed by having them go to a NPC vendor to "live out their days" Personification of these pixels is real to a lot of players and it ends up just clogging backpacks and houses and things.

Mastermind
Jan 05, 2014
exp613 on Jan 12, 2023 wrote:
There already exists the "Pet Tome" that says you've unlocked this pet. Could we make it so that once you have that you can rebuy that pet with gold as often as you'd like or something? It could also encourage people to delete some pets that have failed by having them go to a NPC vendor to "live out their days" Personification of these pixels is real to a lot of players and it ends up just clogging backpacks and houses and things.
Pet backpack clutter is a serious issue. Unfortunately selling pets to vendors is a very dicey exercise, because the vendor display does not identify pets by name or talents, just species, and if you've hatched several pets of the same species it is difficult to avoid selling the wrong one. Pets can't be fed to pets either, a restriction I can understand as morally icky. This leaves simply trashing them, which as exp613 explains is emotionally difficult for some. A better way to reduce pet clutter would be appreciated.

Delver
Mar 30, 2014
Pet storage is a problem for many players. I understand the pet limit in houses due to them being animated items. But couldn't we have a pet kennel, a vault where we put our pets for storage? Ideally it would have sort and search for talent functions but even if it just listed the pets like in the backpack butler it would be super useful. This would make the game so much more enjoyable, because finding somewhere to put pets really is a hassle for a lot of people.

Thanks for considering!

Defender
Feb 03, 2012
I agree with alot here and I like alot of these ideas. Yup these guys have become genuine virtual pets that players are attached to. I personally refuse to trash pets, only sell them or stick them in my bank. I'm not a big hatcher so bank still is an option. Players in the past have asked for "pet sanctuaries", "pet hotels", and yes "kennels" that would function as a vaults for pets (though kennel sounds a little harsh). But a much better idea would be a castle or even some sort of castle add-on extension where you could see your pets running free. Brick a brac for pets works too though, really! I don't think trashing pets should be a thing but instead increase sellability. And while ago a player asked for an adoption system to share sold pets with other players.

Delver
Apr 16, 2014
I have played the game a very long time. I have way too many pets I am attached to. A Pet Vault similar to gear and seed vaults would be a great addition. I understand that we cannot handle all the pet animations in our houses already. So of course adding more pets to the house would not be a good option......Unless, you make A Shelf housing item that can hold our pets and stops the animation of them. We would be able to see them easily, and get one off the shelf at will.

Just an Idea

Delver
Aug 07, 2012
Love your idea Jasmine Lionstalker of having a castle just for pets. I recently purchased the Catmandu Sanctuary and would like to make the 2-teleport cat shaped houses into a place for pets. KI, can we get the pet items/toys that Pirates101 has into Wizards101?