Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Possible solution so other players know you want to battle alone!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 23, 2013
Hello, I have been playing wizard 101 on and off for about 10 years and I have been wanting to write about this topic for a long time now. I really like the team up kiosk and the friendly smiley face feature that was added. My only frustration in the game in all the years I've been playing? When I'm in a battle and when I've done most of the work on my own to beat whatever monster(s) I'm battling, at the point where my health isn’t great but not too bad, but it doesn't really matter because as soon as like the next move I'll win the battle. Well, my frustration is that any player can come into my battle, and make it harder for me because two more monsters show up, and because I'm in the first spot () I know the monsters are going to attack me more than the other player. At this point I have a very bad set of options to choose from,

1. Flee, and lose all my mana not to mention all the time and hard work I put into that battle won't matter because I'll have to do it over again.

2. Quit, and although I won't lose my mana, similarly to option 1 all the time and hard work I put into the battle won't matter because I still have to start the battle again and I don’t get credit for my previous battle.

3. Ask other players not to join my battle. I have tried this and it isn’t an effective method and here’s why, first I have to set up the message before hand, then I have to watch out for any players that appear around the area where I’m battling at all times (which means I’m not focusing on my strategy to defeat the monster(s) in front of me), then when someone is approaching and I hit enter on the message, more often than not they don’t read the message until they've already joined.

When option 3 fails and the player didn’t read the message in time there are two types of players. The first type is respectful, they apologize for joining (they just thought I needed help and neglected to ask if it was ok to join in the first place) and leave, but in they are left with option 1 and 2 themselves, which kind of sucks for them. Unfortunately, sometimes there is the second type of player, those that are disrespectful and join on purpose whether you want them to or not because they want the bonus stars(). They see the message and don’t care, they take over your battle and if your health level was just enough to beat the two monsters you started with, you’re most likely going to run out of health before the other two monsters are defeated. Personally, I’d like to think that there are more respectful players than there are disrespectful players.

I’m certain I am not the only player who is troubled by this issue. I believe a good solution for this problem would be to create a feature, similar to the friendly smiley face and can be turned on and off by the player. The feature will let other players know that at the moment a player wants to be on their own journey and doesn’t want other people joining their battles. A lot of people use this game as an escape, a way to relax, an adventure, including myself (mostly after my stressful college finals). As I mentioned before, the team up kiosk and the friendly smiley face feature are great when you need help or want to make friends. Sometimes though you just need a little time on your own adventure/journey. I do hope you take my possible solution into consideration, to the creators and employees of this phenomenal game. Thank you very much for all of your hard work and dedication to our gaming experience.
Michelle StarBlossom

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2009
There are a multitude of sparsely populated "perfect realms" that you can go to. I hardly ever find people there, much less people who will barge into my battles.