Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Played this game 10+ years ago, now I'm back. What did I miss?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 28, 2022
All I can say is, wow. So much has changed over the past decade, more than half the entire game is unfamiliar. Spells were added, some are gone, and there's so many battle gimmicks I've never seen before. And after all this time, there's still no "all enemies" attack for life school? What gives? What happened to the one with the brown furry creature near Avalon's release?

I started to play when I was in middle school(ish), back when the level cap was 50 and Dragonspyre was the last world there was. Played with mom and sibling, witnessed the Celestia release, and played a newly released Pirate101 for some time. Got to level 50-something, then Celestia came out. Stopped playing (for major life reasons) about 5% into it. I had such awesome stuff on that old account, but I can't remember the username. The recovery email doesn't exist anymore, and recovering through support would mean verifying Mom's old (very, very expired) payment card, according to her at least. Wish I could at least log in and trade a bunch of my awesome gear, or at the very least my treasure card collection.

Then my lovely sibling (the same one) gifted me a package with 6 month on it, so here I am!

Lovely gameplay, as always. The WizCity quests are slightly easier than I remember. Need one more smith but the Boulevard isn't open yet. Hope y'all have a magical timezone! (day, night, whatever, so I say timezone instead)

Survivor
May 10, 2012
you can get an AoE attack for life from hatching and growing a "Kookaburra" as a pet! but yes otherwise life and death are both schools that don't get an AoE until much later :(

unfortunately, hatching takes a lot of gold so that may not even be a realistic option for you, but just putting that out there as a possibility.

i'm on the same boat as you though, returning after years of not playing and it really does slowly introduce itself over time when you play on a new wizard, try not to get too overwhelmed, it's really easy to get a drip-feed of knowledge until you're fully caught up! took me like a week of inconsistent play/watching videos to catch up, good luck out there :o) hope you have fun returning

Survivor
Feb 01, 2011
Yeah, it's so weird coming back to the game after years of not playing it! It seems like there is always a new update whenever I come back.

Survivor
Nov 23, 2022
Love this game, came back after 9 years, yes does seam a lot easier I think I have only died once so far.

Defender
May 22, 2012
Oh my gosh, I don't think anyone could respond to how much you have missed.

Avalon, Azteca, Khrysalis, Polaris, Mirage, Empyrea, Karamelle, Lemuria and now Novus .That's just the main quest line worlds.

There are hundreds if not more different kinds of pets, so many different pet talents, a pet hatching kiosk.

Wizard city got its graphics updated.

Fishing was added to the game, beastmoon, deckathlon, the five boxes event, Lost Pages event, The four dungeons, Wooden Key bosses. Stone Key Bosses, Gold Key bosses, so much crafting, spellements, guilds, so many bundle houses and gauntlets, probably hundreds of mounts, a shop that can change the appearance of your wizard…

Welcome back!

Survivor
Aug 28, 2022
CockySniper on Nov 30, 2022 wrote:
Love this game, came back after 9 years, yes does seam a lot easier I think I have only died once so far.
That might also be because we're not fresh fruit anymore, lol. I've played more than my fair share of RPG games (think the older pixelart titles with ATB combat, a famous game with blitzball and cheesy laughter, one with time travel and a giant spiky doomsday alien, a series where you hunt monsters, and many more), so I'm a lot more experienced with turn based combat than when I was a kid.

It is still challenging though, don't get me wrong. I almost had myself zapped to dust by the splithooves in early Grizzleheim not too long ago. No deaths yet except for in beastmoon.

I almost thought I kinda outgrew the game after my family was more stable, but then I remembered my mom literally played further than I did, so here I am.

Safe wizarding everyone

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
strangename on Nov 20, 2022 wrote:
All I can say is, wow. So much has changed over the past decade, more than half the entire game is unfamiliar. Spells were added, some are gone, and there's so many battle gimmicks I've never seen before. And after all this time, there's still no "all enemies" attack for life school? What gives? What happened to the one with the brown furry creature near Avalon's release?

I started to play when I was in middle school(ish), back when the level cap was 50 and Dragonspyre was the last world there was. Played with mom and sibling, witnessed the Celestia release, and played a newly released Pirate101 for some time. Got to level 50-something, then Celestia came out. Stopped playing (for major life reasons) about 5% into it. I had such awesome stuff on that old account, but I can't remember the username. The recovery email doesn't exist anymore, and recovering through support would mean verifying Mom's old (very, very expired) payment card, according to her at least. Wish I could at least log in and trade a bunch of my awesome gear, or at the very least my treasure card collection.

Then my lovely sibling (the same one) gifted me a package with 6 month on it, so here I am!

Lovely gameplay, as always. The WizCity quests are slightly easier than I remember. Need one more smith but the Boulevard isn't open yet. Hope y'all have a magical timezone! (day, night, whatever, so I say timezone instead)
And after all this time, there's still no "all enemies" attack for life school? What gives? What happened to the one with the brown furry creature near Avalon's release?

There's a number of options for hit all spells (also called AoE):
1) Forest Lord is still there. They actually give it to you earlier (level 48) now than before (level 58). They've changed a lot of the graphics on the spell cards, so it may look at lot different than you're used to, but I can assure you, it's still there, and IS still a hit all spell. They switched pip costs [Forest Lord (7), Rebirth (8)] and level you learn it at [Forest Lord (48), Rebirth (58)]. I THINK they buffed its damage a bit, but people can correct me if Im wrong.

2) If you feel like spending real money for packs, you can get Ratatoskr's Spin, a 4 pip hit all spell.

3) Further, as abraxaspillbox points out, hatching for a kookaburra pet and training it to adult will give you 1 item card Leafstorm spell; a 4 pip hit all spell.

4) There is also a treasure card farming option, but it's only available through a small amount of places. You can get the spell Pot Boiler, which is another 4 pip hit all spell.

In my mind, option 3 is the best option. It only costs in game gold, no real money, and can be fairly easy to get (depending on your luck), AND has the added benefit of giving you an item card life blade to help boost your damage. Since you don't get a Life Blade until you're done with the first area of Krokopatra, this is a HUGE win for early life wizards. When you finally learn Lifeblade, both blades can stack and give you a lot of power early on. Once you get Forest Lord, unless you have a lot of talents you like, you can substitute it for another pet. I went for a Dyrad pet because I no longer needed that 4 pip spell once Forest Lord was trained.

If you have another wizard on the same account, who is higher level than your life wizard, have them train the pet to adult then bankshare it. There's also the advantage of you can start off the game with it if you have the gold and energy to train it up 2 levels. Life was NOT my primary school, so I had lots of things I could trade to my life to get the pet early on. Wizards new to the game, or accounts with only one or two wizards might not have that disposable gold coins to spend, I understand that fully.

Survivor
Aug 28, 2022
dayerider on Dec 12, 2022 wrote:
And after all this time, there's still no "all enemies" attack for life school? What gives? What happened to the one with the brown furry creature near Avalon's release?

There's a number of options for hit all spells (also called AoE):
1) Forest Lord is still there. They actually give it to you earlier (level 48) now than before (level 58). They've changed a lot of the graphics on the spell cards, so it may look at lot different than you're used to, but I can assure you, it's still there, and IS still a hit all spell. They switched pip costs [Forest Lord (7), Rebirth (8)] and level you learn it at [Forest Lord (48), Rebirth (58)]. I THINK they buffed its damage a bit, but people can correct me if Im wrong.

2) If you feel like spending real money for packs, you can get Ratatoskr's Spin, a 4 pip hit all spell.

3) Further, as abraxaspillbox points out, hatching for a kookaburra pet and training it to adult will give you 1 item card Leafstorm spell; a 4 pip hit all spell.

4) There is also a treasure card farming option, but it's only available through a small amount of places. You can get the spell Pot Boiler, which is another 4 pip hit all spell.

In my mind, option 3 is the best option. It only costs in game gold, no real money, and can be fairly easy to get (depending on your luck), AND has the added benefit of giving you an item card life blade to help boost your damage. Since you don't get a Life Blade until you're done with the first area of Krokopatra, this is a HUGE win for early life wizards. When you finally learn Lifeblade, both blades can stack and give you a lot of power early on. Once you get Forest Lord, unless you have a lot of talents you like, you can substitute it for another pet. I went for a Dyrad pet because I no longer needed that 4 pip spell once Forest Lord was trained.

If you have another wizard on the same account, who is higher level than your life wizard, have them train the pet to adult then bankshare it. There's also the advantage of you can start off the game with it if you have the gold and energy to train it up 2 levels. Life was NOT my primary school, so I had lots of things I could trade to my life to get the pet early on. Wizards new to the game, or accounts with only one or two wizards might not have that disposable gold coins to spend, I understand that fully.
Ah, I see. I just took a look at all the spells offered by Wu at the school and didn't see it. Then I got Treant by doing school quests, so I quickly remembered there are spells beyond the list. Thank you for the info <3 I forgot about the pet. Those are cute.

Survivor
Jan 24, 2009
I feel you, I've also just come back. It's very overwhelming, I'm still trying to figure it all out myself.

Delver
Apr 05, 2022
Greeneflower on Feb 21, 2023 wrote:
I feel you, I've also just come back. It's very overwhelming, I'm still trying to figure it all out myself.
Most recent world is Novus, and the next update is going to be great if you have a passion for fashion! Little tease for ya!