Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Sergeant Muldoon Glitch

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 01, 2022
Sergeant Muldoon in Olde Town has a gray question mark above his head. When I talk to him it says "He often haunted Sapphyra's Tower in Olde Town. Perhaps his patterns haven't changed. You must investigate at once!" There is no open quest in my spellbook or a yellow compass arrow and when i go to the tower and defeat Foulgaze and the Haunted Minion nothing happens and Sergeant Muldoon's question mark doesn't turn yellow. Does anyone know how to fix this ?

Explorer
Mar 28, 2009
bluelights117 on Jun 3, 2022 wrote:
Sergeant Muldoon in Olde Town has a gray question mark above his head. When I talk to him it says "He often haunted Sapphyra's Tower in Olde Town. Perhaps his patterns haven't changed. You must investigate at once!" There is no open quest in my spellbook or a yellow compass arrow and when i go to the tower and defeat Foulgaze and the Haunted Minion nothing happens and Sergeant Muldoon's question mark doesn't turn yellow. Does anyone know how to fix this ?
Was this wizard created a while ago - before the First Time User Experience reworking of the Wizard City quests?

It sounds to me like you may need to send in a Support Ticket. Defeating Foulgaze is now a quest given by Merle Ambrose, not Sergeant Muldoon.

Delver
Apr 05, 2022
It is possible that you accepted this quest before the FTUE (First Time User Experience) change and the quest didn't update in your quest log. Should be able to hide the quest, but unsure if you can remove it completely. Maybe message customer support, if they can't help we'll raise the issue.