Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Healing Question

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 20, 2009
I've been getting a lot of mixed answers online about this but what is the difference between incoming/outgoing healing. I've read that incoming healing is healing you get that is cast from other wizards and outgoing is healing you apply to other wizards that you cast. But I've heard mixed things about how those effects work if you heal yourself and that's where I'm getting confused. Is this just weirdly worded cuz I'm very confused.

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Incoming healing is healing for your wizard and your wizard only. Whether it is from a spell cast by you, spell cast by another wizard, pet cast, or a side effect from a spell (ie Ghoul)

Outgoing healing is any healing that you send to another wizard.

So if your Life wizard casts Wings of Fate, each of the other wizards on your team would receive outgoing healing from you and you would receive incoming healing both from the same spell.

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
Incoming healing affects healing spells that affect you, regardless of who cast it.
Outgoing affects spells that you cast, regardless of the target.
So if you heal yourself, that spell will be affected by both your outgoing and your incoming.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Outbound healing is when you cast a healing spell
Inbound healing is when you get healed
Outbound + Inbound healing helps you the most as you get the boost both ways, because 1) you cast a healing spell, and 2) you're the target of an inbound healing spell.

Perfect example, If you heal yourself with satyr, you get:
1) Satyr's healing
2) Any sun school enchantment like Epic you put on it
3) any healing blades
4) Any healing auras (over you only)
5) Any healing rings (over the whole field of combat)
6) Your Outbound healing
7) Your inbound healing
8) Any critical healing

So, it is 100% possible to get 1500 health back from Minor Blessing

Explorer
Mar 28, 2009
Talon Shadowblade on May 31, 2022 wrote:
I've been getting a lot of mixed answers online about this but what is the difference between incoming/outgoing healing. I've read that incoming healing is healing you get that is cast from other wizards and outgoing is healing you apply to other wizards that you cast. But I've heard mixed things about how those effects work if you heal yourself and that's where I'm getting confused. Is this just weirdly worded cuz I'm very confused.
Outgoing heal is what YOU give when you (or your pet) casts a healing spell. Imagine your heal as a wave of energy you are sending out.

Incoming heal is the boost you RECEIVE when any healing spell is cast on you. Imagine the heal as a ray of sunshine coming to warm you.

If you have both Incoming and Outgoing boosts, you should receive both increments of boost to your heal. It's hard to tell if you usually get a Critical heal as well, etc., as the calculations become very complicated.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Ok, so I loaded up my hospital wizard and cast a Radical Minor Blessing (base of 270 healing). That gets boosted from my 155% outbound and also my 55% inbound healing from various gear. I also got a 1.34x critical healing boost. After all was said and done, I healed for 1,482 HP. It all stacks. Not too shabby for a 0 pip healing spell

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
Area51Alien on Jun 1, 2022 wrote:
Incoming healing is healing for your wizard and your wizard only. Whether it is from a spell cast by you, spell cast by another wizard, pet cast, or a side effect from a spell (ie Ghoul)

Outgoing healing is any healing that you send to another wizard.

So if your Life wizard casts Wings of Fate, each of the other wizards on your team would receive outgoing healing from you and you would receive incoming healing both from the same spell.
Ghoul is not a healing spell, and gets no bonus from either incoming or outgoing healing boost. It is a drain, which follows different rules.