Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Raising Energy Maximums

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 07, 2016
I would like to see an increase in the max energy for my max level wizards!

For a while, your wizard's energy base increases with their level - I'm working on a new wizard, and their energy base was 59 at level 19, and then their energy base became 60 at level 20. I think this stays true for a long time, but with new worlds coming out, we now have higher maximum levels for our wizards, and the energy base hasn't been rising proportionally with those new maximums. My level 150 wizard doesn't have a 150 energy base (or a 190, I guess, if it's always +40 more) for instance, but I think it would be nice if they did!

This isn't a big change, but I think it makes sense to add, especially since we're now playing around with cantrips. No matter my max energy, I still use energy elixirs and wear special energy gear, so I don't think this change would hurt Crown sales much! What do you all think?

Explorer
Mar 28, 2009
I think base energy overall should be increased, even for lower level wizards who have to manage without a lot of energy-boosting gear. Trying to Garden and train Pets at a Level 15 or 20 is difficult. The original numbers were calculated when the ONLY use for Energy was a Garden. For new players just trying out the game, this restriction can be off-putting.

Defender
Dec 27, 2014
Calamity Cat on May 25, 2022 wrote:
I would like to see an increase in the max energy for my max level wizards!

For a while, your wizard's energy base increases with their level - I'm working on a new wizard, and their energy base was 59 at level 19, and then their energy base became 60 at level 20. I think this stays true for a long time, but with new worlds coming out, we now have higher maximum levels for our wizards, and the energy base hasn't been rising proportionally with those new maximums. My level 150 wizard doesn't have a 150 energy base (or a 190, I guess, if it's always +40 more) for instance, but I think it would be nice if they did!

This isn't a big change, but I think it makes sense to add, especially since we're now playing around with cantrips. No matter my max energy, I still use energy elixirs and wear special energy gear, so I don't think this change would hurt Crown sales much! What do you all think?
I'm certain you speak for every wizard in game and level 150 should have a base energy of 150

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Trying not to sound like a #MeTooEnergy post.

My Life wizard with all of his energy gear equipped starts the day off with well over 200 energy. I have to make a conscious choice about what to do with my energy. Daily Gardening is always at the top. Followed by either Pet Training or Fishing (depending on the event).

That leaves little to none for Cantrips. As such I have yet to (beyond the opening quest) do much of anything with Cantrips. And as an aside, I cannot recall seeing Cantrips being used by other wizards during my journeys around the Spiral. I'm not saying no one uses Cantrips, but I Have not personally seen another wizard (again aside from the opening quest) do so.

With more activities being added to the draw of an already limited source, the base level should be upgraded to at least 150 for level 150 wizards. Though I would agree that a better limit would be the level +40

Survivor
Oct 07, 2016
Halloween Chick on May 26, 2022 wrote:
I think base energy overall should be increased, even for lower level wizards who have to manage without a lot of energy-boosting gear. Trying to Garden and train Pets at a Level 15 or 20 is difficult. The original numbers were calculated when the ONLY use for Energy was a Garden. For new players just trying out the game, this restriction can be off-putting.

To be honest, I don't notice it that much at lower levels, since I try to pace myself about gardening, fishing, and the rest. Also, since you get an automatic refill when you level up, developers may think it sort of balances out? But it's definitely true that energy is used for more stuff now than it was originally!

Defender
Feb 03, 2012
Halloween Chick on May 26, 2022 wrote:

Energy max should be raised. Its hard to garden and train pets for me at level 60. I even gave up on fishing because I didn't have enough energy after gardening, let alone pet training. It's cool to know that the only use for energy used to be gardening, I thought it was pets! Now that we have cantrips it would be very hard to squeeze them in too.