Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Daily Assignment rewards plan

AuthorMessage
Squire
Apr 18, 2013
With the latest update, our Daily Assignment (DA) stopped giving arena tickets.

Here are some concerns regarding the DA the Community has:
- Does it still give the useless Participation Trophies?
- What's the plan to replace Arena Tickets as a DA reward?

Surely, you can't expect us to remain excited to do our DA with it remaining as it is right now. Lower level wizards don't even get as much gold for doing theirs. So, what's the plan?

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
I have a similar question.

With Zeke constantly reminding my higher level wizards that they have too much gold, Getting gold nine out of 15 days on the cycle does not make me want to keep doing the Gravulum.

Could we add Spellements in place of the Arena Tickets?

Survivor
Feb 03, 2009
I wish there was no cap on gold, or at least a betting system or higher tier things I could purchase with my large amount of coin.

Squire
Apr 18, 2013
Area51Alien on May 12, 2022 wrote:
I have a similar question.

With Zeke constantly reminding my higher level wizards that they have too much gold, Getting gold nine out of 15 days on the cycle does not make me want to keep doing the Gravulum.

Could we add Spellements in place of the Arena Tickets?
Spellements might be ok for now but where else will we get Blue Arena Tickets from if not here? Or will people see Blue Tickets as useless with knowing what has become of Red? I'd like to see them switch it up. Instead of having 3/5 days of gold, reduce that to 1/5 days of gold. This way, they could add Blue Tickets and something else.

What would everyone else like to see added to the DA in replace of the excessive gold?

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
stemogstel on May 13, 2022 wrote:
Spellements might be ok for now but where else will we get Blue Arena Tickets from if not here? Or will people see Blue Tickets as useless with knowing what has become of Red? I'd like to see them switch it up. Instead of having 3/5 days of gold, reduce that to 1/5 days of gold. This way, they could add Blue Tickets and something else.

What would everyone else like to see added to the DA in replace of the excessive gold?
I think the idea is that you get Blue Arena Tickets from doing the Arena. Even if you horribly lose your match you still get a few arena tickets.

I thought most of the stuff that people wanted that wasn't PVP focused had been removed?

I agree that upgrading the Daily Assignment rewards should be a priority though. Gold is not the answer (especially the low amount of gold.) Spellements I think could be a good option, or Pet Tokens or you can really get some cool things from the random item deal.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
exp613 on May 13, 2022 wrote:
I think the idea is that you get Blue Arena Tickets from doing the Arena. Even if you horribly lose your match you still get a few arena tickets.

I thought most of the stuff that people wanted that wasn't PVP focused had been removed?

I agree that upgrading the Daily Assignment rewards should be a priority though. Gold is not the answer (especially the low amount of gold.) Spellements I think could be a good option, or Pet Tokens or you can really get some cool things from the random item deal.
Or if the Membership Loyalty Store appears to be a good option, then perhaps a similar system but for Daily Assignment rewards could be added? (I would just make sure that there is enough room so that if someone misses some of the days that they still can make the full award (i.e. 20 days worth of daily assignments over a 30-31 day window for example at the very least).

Squire
Apr 18, 2013
exp613 on May 13, 2022 wrote:

It would be the same as when it gave Red Arena Tickets. Everyone appreciated that. Spellements is not as desirable to me. Gold is less desirable. The idea should be to give non PvP players a reason to check out what the Arena has to offer. Moving the Events there caused me to mosey my way to the PvP section and there I saw PvP Battle Pass (which I have heard absolutely nothing about anywhere) and as a reward for the Battle Pass Scroll is Lunari, Deckathalon packs, and Participation Trophies. What is the idea behind that? Beastmoon and Deckathalon have nothing to do with PvP and Participation Trophies had only 1 purpose and they removed that purpose.

Wait, are you saying the game doesn't have any Blue Ticket items that isn't PvP centric? If blue tickets only get us PvP gear, then it would have no need for anyone not doing PvP. Don't they still have those trophy cases and the like?

Maybe they should add cattails and mist wood as a DA reward.

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016

Spellements

Seeds

Pat Snacks

A few more quests

Explorer
Mar 28, 2009
I agree that more Gold is NOT what most wizards need as a reward from doing Daily Assignments. I believe that replacing the Arena Tickets should have resulted in something new that wouldn't clog up a backpack, such as rare reagents, spellements or higher level pet snacks.

Explorer
Dec 20, 2014
Superior rune

Improved rune

Discontinued housing items

Mega pet snacks

less teleporters, less gold, and less pet jewels please

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015

I have an interesting idea. What about a specialized, three-item 'pack' on the second or third day? The idea is that it would give a variety of rewards; nothing near what you can get from the Chest on the fifth day, but mostly smaller things like Pet Snacks, some uncommon Reagents, and the occasional whiff of those blue Arena Tickets, higher-level Pet Snacks, and hard-to-find Reagents (but NOT Gold).

Here's a fun part. In order to prevent the appearance of any bizarre or out-of-place items from this table, the rewards you can get are tied to game progression. For example, there's a change of getting Flying Squid Ink, but only if your Wizard has reached Empyea. Once you're in Azteca, you might start receiving Aztecan-themed Pet Snacks like Tenochi-flan or Rex Tea.

Actually, this could be a great way to throw Spellements into the mix as well! Depending on which spells you have received over game progression, you might see Spellements for those spells in those Rewards. Of course, you wouldn't receive Spellements for a Spell you have already maxed out.

Sounds like a fun idea to add variety into the mix.

Squire
Apr 18, 2013