Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Critical Feed Back, on Test Realm- Overall i am impressed

AuthorMessage
Delver
Mar 10, 2015
Hello everyone, it has been a pleasure to return for this test realm, it made me actually happy to see many of the biggest issues become addressed. There are a couple of places, where i would provide some recommendations thou, as someone who has over 40K hours in MMOs outside of wizard101.

Supplement Acquisition:

1) it is great to see spellements now drop from Lore Master, especially for some of the most needed spells. Spiritual tribunal, celestial heal, etc are spells that are MANDATORY for pve, so seeing them finally become accessible is great. This should remain the primary method of acquisition- i disagree with Artie on this. Doing this allows for Kingsisle / MGI [Gamigo] to still make money of spells, but allowing us to get them for free 5-6 months down the line. Where i added to the idea, is that spells are given 'seasons'. This way we as players would have a way to plan our activities- however maybe put in a system lock that would require for you to be subbed for the month prior to the season starting, or you would spend 2500 crowns to open that 'season'. Think of GW2 and living seasons.

2) The method of retriever talents- i understand the intent- but in reality this wont work. Even if wiz has 3700 players as I and others calculated, that is way to many players in comparison to the supply of chests. What you will create is the SAME problem as in PIRATE101. Back in moo manchu tower, there was consistent griefing with multi- locked chests, specifically around the ones near 'nefarious 5'. If you do this on large scale, you will cause a major increase in toxicity and violence amongst players. This competition is what CANABALIZED pirate101 and pushed out its player base. You should be very careful, as even with 5 min timers, you will still get griefing.

3) The better alternative is to create a daily / or weekly boss. It would be randomized- think of the monster dome. It would pick a random boss, based on the player level bracket. You would beat it, you would get 1 spellement every time, never more nor less. By doing this, a player would be capable of getting a spell every 3-4 months, which makes a spell around 30 usd. it incentives players to have yearly membership.

The reward track implies to me that you understand this idea already. So instead of doing the entire nonesense above, just simplify the process. Angering players will not help player retention.

gear Audit:

I do not mind the new changes to merciless gear. I would still caution against pushing stats as high as they are now. We still need to get a new dungeon, meaning we will hit the 200+ % dmg again. Consider nerfing all the gear again by 20-30%

Recommended ideas for Secondary worlds:

in the live streamers the devs asked what worlds we would like to visit. I think Dragonspyre is a great example. Our defeating of the dragon titan has left a major power vacume in dragonspyre proper. It would be neat for us to act as a legate, and try to calm between the feuding draconians.

The models could be the re-texture of the existing draconian pets: we got a green one, a red one, an orange one. We would join a side, and help it. As a reward we could get some new cantrips. Cantrips should be the new standard for rewards for optional side content- like the catacombs. Maybe go back to the devourer and add one for his completion, same as Omen, etc.

Overall:

Great Update, looking forward to the future, its also nice you gave away free membership to certain players. Cyall, do my fellow wizards agree? thanks