Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Defeated enemies don’t die

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 06, 2010
For the last few weeks I’ve had an issues on my 140 death where I defeat an enemy with enough damage, the death sequence plays but then the enemy still has 1k-2k health with no enemy in the dueling circle. The most recent time this occurred was 04/03/22 when I defeated Admiral Dynt in the Nimbus Citadel from Empyrea. In the fight I first cast a +70 trained feint, a life to death prism, a +45 death blade and Frenzy. I then casted an enchanted version of Scarecrow. The boss had 10560 damage and I did somewhere in the 10800 range with a critical hit. After the hit the bosses death animation played and my game froze for about 15 seconds. After unfreezing the bosses position in the dueling circle was empty but his name plate showed he had about 2500 health left. I hit in on the 5th round and after he was “defeated” when the game unfroze the game showed him verbalize his cheats but none of them where activated. I hit the boss a second time and he was defeated with no issue but no animations or anything played in the dueling circle because there wasn’t an enemy character in the circle.

This has been going on for awhile and I don’t remember exactly what fights it occurs on but I play a few hours almost every night right now and I would guess it’s happened a dozen times over the last month. From what I remember I believe the first time it happened was when I had to defeat the shadow trickster in the arcanum

Survivor
Feb 13, 2010
From the info we have, it would seem enemies "ghost" and stay alive because of the damage nerf to our damage when we reach enough damage to lose some damage, When someone really strong in PVE or PVP fights, there's a chance that the game will check your damage and will show incorrect values, If you have 170 damage, the game will still lower your damage by the amount over 150 or 100 that you are, based on where you are at.

So it might show 10800 damage, but truly, you are being lowered by the damage cap. so it really did, 10020 not 10800. very confusing but there seems to be a problem with damage caps/nerfs which can cause this issue.

I don't recall this ever happening when damage was not balanced and lowered when we were in the old system. I think it makes sense that this is the true cause of this problem. Hopefully a future update can sync them back up and fix this issue :)

Survivor
Jun 06, 2010
I wanted to see if there was any updates on this issue. It’s happened a few more times since I posted this and finished Karamelle. I don’t have the exact details on how to recreate the fights but it does seem that it most often occurs when I defeat an enemy by 2-300 HP. This issue is they then come back with 2-3k health. It’s also becoming frustrating because I primarily solo and there have been a few flights where I deal a killing blow but because of the glitch the enemy comes back and my health is so low they kill me the next turn making me completely restart the fight.

Survivor
Aug 23, 2009
This has happened to me before as well, where the damage displayed on an enemy does not coincide with the damage that was actually dealt on that enemy. A common pattern I see when this does occur for me is that I usually have the aura Frenzy on myself, as you mentioned in your situation. It seems that the Frenzy aura can sometimes be double counted as a buff, which results in a difference between damage displayed on your screen and actual damage dealt. I believe this can occur with the other auras as well. I think it is an aura bug, but it could be something more than that.