Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Guide to One in a Million (Storm)

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 03, 2010
Hey, hey! Welcome to a Wizard101 guide to attaining the badge One in a Million!

Welcome to an elaborate guide to getting One in a Million as a Storm school wizard!

What is One in a Million?

One in a Million is a Wizard101 badge that is rewarded to people that do 1 million damage or higher to an enemy in one hit.

How is that even possible?

A million damage is possible, for all people! Through careful strategy and planning, you can get the badge for yourself! (I recommend being above level 56)

The Guide

Before attempting your million, you're gonna need some gold for treasure cards you might buy.

Here are the treasure cards you need:
Vengeance (critical chance +25%) - Sold by Kiliman Copperleaf in Zafaria Library (or dropped, oftenly)
Dark Pact (250 Astral dmg for +35% Balanceblade) - Rarely dropped, could appear in bazaar
Darkwind (+35% outgoing Storm dmg) - Sold by The Archivist in District of the Stars
Balanceblade (+25% dmg) - Sold by Harold Argleston in Wizard City Library
Hex OR Curse (+30% dmg) - Hex sold by Harold Argleston, Curse dropped by several bosses
Elemental Blade (+35% positive charms ) - Sold by Harold Argleston in Wizard City Library
Elemental Trap (+35% positive charms ) - Sold by Harold Argleston in Wizard City Library
Colossal (+300 dmg to one spell) - Rarely dropped, you can use a normal one though

And here is the optimal deck you need:
Colossal (+275 dmg to one spell) - Level 64+, learned from Sun School Trainer, Drum Jungle, Zafaria (if you're not using a treasure card)
Potent Trap x4 (+10% to negative ward) - Level 86+, learned from Sun School Trainer, Three Points, Azteca
Sharpened Blade x2 (+10% to positive charm) - Level 86+, learned from Sun School Trainer, Three Points, Azteca
Feint x2 (+70% trap to enemy, +30% trap to self) - Level 26+, learned from Dworgyn in Death School, Nightside
Storm Trap x2 (+30% negative ward) - Level 16+, learned from Halston Balestrom in Storm School, Ravenwood
Storm Blade x2 (+35% positive charm) - Level 12+, learned from Halston Balestrom in Storm School, Ravenwood
Supercharge (+140% at max power pips) - Learned from Erik Wyrdrune after the quest Thief of Spells (lvl 35+)
More information on Thief of Spells quest here
Windstorm x2 (+20% to all enemies) - Level 26+, learned from Halston Balestrom in Storm School, Ravenwood
Elemental Blade x2 (+35% positive charms ) - Level 25+, learned from Niles in Krokosphinx
Elemental Trap x2 (+30% negative wards ) - Level 15+, learned from Niles in Krokosphinx
Tempest (80 Storm dmg per pip) - Level 28+, learned from Halston Balestrom in Storm School, Ravenwood

Now, let's get on with it!

I recommend battling a Lost Soul in Unicorn Way, as they do not hit back that hard and will be certain to die.
If you do not wish to be interrupted by random people, you may go to a lesser populated realm or battle a weak boss. (I recommend Lady Blackhope or Foulgaze)

If you are doing a boss, use a wand attack to take out the minion immediately.

Be sure you have high power pip chance, as this will depend on it! If you get a regular pip, simply use a spell that costs 1 pip.

Onto the battle!

0. Apply Colossal to Tempest (if you're not using a Colossal treasure card)
1. Defeat the minion with a wand attack (if you're fighting a boss)
2. Apply a Storm Blade to yourself
3. Apply a Sharpened Blade spell to a Stormblade and then apply it to yourself
4. Apply an Elemental Blade to yourself
5. Apply a Sharpened Blade spell to an Elemental Blade and then apply it to yourself
6. Apply a Potent Trap spell to a Feint and then apply it to the enemy (or boss, if you're fighting a boss)
7. Apply a Storm Trap to the enemy
8. Apply a Potent Trap spell to a Storm Trap and then apply it to the enemy
9. Apply your last Feint to the enemy
10. Use a Windstorm
11. Apply a Potent Trap spell to a Windstorm and then use it
12. Apply an Elemental Trap to the enemy
13. Apply a Potent Trap spell to an Elemental Trap and then apply it to the enemy
14. Use Supercharge on yourself when you have 7 power pips (or pass until you do). This will result in a 140% Storm Blade.
15. Draw all the Treasure Cards you can.
(Apply the Colossal Treasure Card to Tempest if you're using a Colossal Treasure Card)
16. Apply the Hex or Curse Treasure Card to the enemy
17. Apply the Elemental Trap Treasure Card to the enemy
18. Apply the Elemental Blade Treasure Card to yourself
19. Use the Dark Pact Treasure Card on yourself
20. Apply the Balanceblade Treasure Card to yourself
21. Use the Darkwind Treasure Card
22. Use the Vengeance Treasure Card
23. Use Tempest
24. Press the PrintScreen button or do Ctrl + LeftShift + S to screenshot as you do 1 million damage and earn the One in a Million badge
25. Equip the badge in Miscellaneous Badges and wallow in the glories that come with it

Thanks for the read! I hope you get your One in a Million badge with the help of this guide!

Of course, if it doesn't work, you can try another guide, try again, try again with a different method, or reply to me for other answers or questions!

If there's any flaws, you can also reply to me. I've tried to be as precise as possible. Good hunting!

Level 87 Level 34

Survivor
Jul 03, 2010
McLovinx on Jan 27, 2022 wrote:
Hey, hey! Welcome to a Wizard101 guide to attaining the badge One in a Million!

Welcome to an elaborate guide to getting One in a Million as a Storm school wizard!

What is One in a Million?

One in a Million is a Wizard101 badge that is rewarded to people that do 1 million damage or higher to an enemy in one hit.

How is that even possible?

A million damage is possible, for all people! Through careful strategy and planning, you can get the badge for yourself! (I recommend being above level 56)

The Guide

Before attempting your million, you're gonna need some gold for treasure cards you might buy.

Here are the treasure cards you need:
Vengeance (critical chance +25%) - Sold by Kiliman Copperleaf in Zafaria Library (or dropped, oftenly)
Dark Pact (250 Astral dmg for +35% Balanceblade) - Rarely dropped, could appear in bazaar
Darkwind (+35% outgoing Storm dmg) - Sold by The Archivist in District of the Stars
Balanceblade (+25% dmg) - Sold by Harold Argleston in Wizard City Library
Hex OR Curse (+30% dmg) - Hex sold by Harold Argleston, Curse dropped by several bosses
Elemental Blade (+35% positive charms ) - Sold by Harold Argleston in Wizard City Library
Elemental Trap (+35% positive charms ) - Sold by Harold Argleston in Wizard City Library
Colossal (+300 dmg to one spell) - Rarely dropped, you can use a normal one though

And here is the optimal deck you need:
Colossal (+275 dmg to one spell) - Level 64+, learned from Sun School Trainer, Drum Jungle, Zafaria (if you're not using a treasure card)
Potent Trap x4 (+10% to negative ward) - Level 86+, learned from Sun School Trainer, Three Points, Azteca
Sharpened Blade x2 (+10% to positive charm) - Level 86+, learned from Sun School Trainer, Three Points, Azteca
Feint x2 (+70% trap to enemy, +30% trap to self) - Level 26+, learned from Dworgyn in Death School, Nightside
Storm Trap x2 (+30% negative ward) - Level 16+, learned from Halston Balestrom in Storm School, Ravenwood
Storm Blade x2 (+35% positive charm) - Level 12+, learned from Halston Balestrom in Storm School, Ravenwood
Supercharge (+140% at max power pips) - Learned from Erik Wyrdrune after the quest Thief of Spells (lvl 35+)
More information on Thief of Spells quest here
Windstorm x2 (+20% to all enemies) - Level 26+, learned from Halston Balestrom in Storm School, Ravenwood
Elemental Blade x2 (+35% positive charms ) - Level 25+, learned from Niles in Krokosphinx
Elemental Trap x2 (+30% negative wards ) - Level 15+, learned from Niles in Krokosphinx
Tempest (80 Storm dmg per pip) - Level 28+, learned from Halston Balestrom in Storm School, Ravenwood

Now, let's get on with it!

I recommend battling a Lost Soul in Unicorn Way, as they do not hit back that hard and will be certain to die.
If you do not wish to be interrupted by random people, you may go to a lesser populated realm or battle a weak boss. (I recommend Lady Blackhope or Foulgaze)

If you are doing a boss, use a wand attack to take out the minion immediately.

Be sure you have high power pip chance, as this will depend on it! If you get a regular pip, simply use a spell that costs 1 pip.

Onto the battle!

0. Apply Colossal to Tempest (if you're not using a Colossal treasure card)
1. Defeat the minion with a wand attack (if you're fighting a boss)
2. Apply a Storm Blade to yourself
3. Apply a Sharpened Blade spell to a Stormblade and then apply it to yourself
4. Apply an Elemental Blade to yourself
5. Apply a Sharpened Blade spell to an Elemental Blade and then apply it to yourself
6. Apply a Potent Trap spell to a Feint and then apply it to the enemy (or boss, if you're fighting a boss)
7. Apply a Storm Trap to the enemy
8. Apply a Potent Trap spell to a Storm Trap and then apply it to the enemy
9. Apply your last Feint to the enemy
10. Use a Windstorm
11. Apply a Potent Trap spell to a Windstorm and then use it
12. Apply an Elemental Trap to the enemy
13. Apply a Potent Trap spell to an Elemental Trap and then apply it to the enemy
14. Use Supercharge on yourself when you have 7 power pips (or pass until you do). This will result in a 140% Storm Blade.
15. Draw all the Treasure Cards you can.
(Apply the Colossal Treasure Card to Tempest if you're using a Colossal Treasure Card)
16. Apply the Hex or Curse Treasure Card to the enemy
17. Apply the Elemental Trap Treasure Card to the enemy
18. Apply the Elemental Blade Treasure Card to yourself
19. Use the Dark Pact Treasure Card on yourself
20. Apply the Balanceblade Treasure Card to yourself
21. Use the Darkwind Treasure Card
22. Use the Vengeance Treasure Card
23. Use Tempest
24. Press the PrintScreen button or do Ctrl + LeftShift + S to screenshot as you do 1 million damage and earn the One in a Million badge
25. Equip the badge in Miscellaneous Badges and wallow in the glories that come with it

Thanks for the read! I hope you get your One in a Million badge with the help of this guide!

Of course, if it doesn't work, you can try another guide, try again, try again with a different method, or reply to me for other answers or questions!

If there's any flaws, you can also reply to me. I've tried to be as precise as possible. Good hunting!

Level 87 Level 34
Apologies! The redirect link that is supposed to lead to Erik Wyrdrune's Thief of Spells quest actually leads to the spell Elemental Trap! Here is the actual link.
http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Quest:Thief_of_Spells