Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Update "Classic Mode"

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jul 25, 2010
The Classic Mode option is definitely one of the most neglected options in the settings right now, as it only changes the appearance of Wizard City. Here are a couple recommendations I would add to update the setting:

First, remove the toggle itself and just put the new options in the fourth "Gameplay Settings" tab that was recently added.
Second, here are the options I would put in the new tab:

1. Legacy Worlds Assets (On/Replace Textures/Replace Music/Off)
-Replace Textures: Keep the new music, but use the legacy textures.
-Replace Music: Keep the new textures, but use the legacy music.
2. Legacy Hanging Effects (On/Replace Sounds/Replace Textures/Off)

-Replace Sounds - Replace the sounds a hanging effect makes with the old sounds. For example, the sounds of the Dark Pact's Blade being activated, and a Cloaked hanging effect appearing.
-Replace Textures - Replace the modern blade textures (and presumably all other hanging effects in the future) with the legacy models.
3. Legacy Model Textures (Classic Only/Keep Colors/Off)
-Classic Only: Replaces the textures of models to only use the legacy models and faces, meaning no custom eye/eyebrow colors.
-Keep Colors: Same as Classic Only, but with custom eye and eyebrow colors.
4. Legacy Battle Sounds (On/Off)
-Would effect the sounds spells make (such as Fairy) and would bring back the old/seemingly removed player hurt sounds.
5. Legacy Loading Screen (On/Off)
-This setting would bring back the old loading screen that appeared for every loading sequence.
6. Legacy Quest Completion Sound (On/Off)
-Would bring back the old fanfare sound that played when a quest was completed/continued, as well as the secondary sound effect when a quest got turned in.

Some people, including myself, would really appreciate if we could still experience the old Wizard101, so adding these custom settings would greatly enhance that desire.

Explorer
May 07, 2010
this would be awesome! smart idea to have multiple different classic mode settings so players can really customize their game experience. i know id definitely use these settings, especially the "new textures + old music" setting and old player model setting (at least until they get polished/improved, if that ever happens...).

even though KI has previously implied stuff like this (bringing back classic music, sounds, player & NPC models, etc.) is too complicated to find it worth doing, id love for that to change someday. improving and adding to classic mode would be a huge quality of life update that many players would welcome.

thanks for sharing this great idea

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
They should also have an option to turn on the "Legacy Quests" so people can experience what Wizard City was like prior to the FTUE updates.

Champion
Mar 19, 2009
Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
Survivor
Feb 09, 2015
I miss the OG quest line in Wizard City. That's the most nostalgic experience in the game, and it's no longer in the game. If it was a thing still, I'd never use the updated version.