Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Please do not retire the Timed Rewards bundle from last year

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Mar 16, 2009
Just now I received an email stating that the Timed Rewards bundle I purchased in December of last year will be retired, and that I will be downgraded to a 25% discounted yearly membership instead. The same thing, but without the 5,000 Crowns per month.

I know that there have been a lot of terrible bundles released lately, but this is one of the few that I believed was actually worth buying. It costs $90/year, and that is a lot to ask from someone. And while a discounted yearly membership is still better than no discount, a yearly membership doesn't really feel like it's worth even $90.

I really hope that Kingsisle reconsiders this decision.

Administrator
Hello!

There will be more info regarding this change soon. A lot of people are confused and we are working to create something to put everyone at ease.

Please hold tight!
Thank you!

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2009
Well, we've now been introduced to the $60 deal for 60,000 Crowns over the span of 12 months deal today for people with 12-month memberships. If this is the replacement for the Timed Rewards bundle, then I'm frankly disappointed. The bundle from last year cost $90 total, but this costs $60 on top of a yearly membership which currently costs between $60 and $80, for a total of somewhere between $120-$140. It's the same thing but now significantly more expensive.

The deal from last year was just good, it wasn't too good. $60 for 60,000 Crowns over 12 months may be a decent deal but it's tarnished by needing an already exorbitant yearly membership in order to even purchase.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
I agree. It was pretty disappointing that they retired last year's bundle.

Survivor
Feb 27, 2009
I would like to reciprocate the thoughts by Torpzun26. It may have had a different line of thinking from KI, but from a players perspective it just kinda seems like they cancelled a good deal only to make it twice as expensive. I will not buy this, because I feel like with some thought they could have come up with something better. To be frank, this is a real disappointment. I felt like I was getting a LOT for the initial $90 I spent last year.

Explorer
Nov 16, 2016
I agree with Torpzun26's comments. I am also concerned with what this means:

"If you cancel or change the membership required for a specific Timed Rewards subscription, you will have to decide what to do with your Timed Rewards moving forward. You can allow them to renew until your qualifying membership expires, or you can cancel them right away."

This is not clear as to what happens if you cancel your membership. This Timed Rewards can be purchased only for a limited time, so you cannot time it to be the same as your membership. So, for example, if your membership renews in March and you buy the Timed Rewards now, and then you cancel your membership in March, what happens? Do the Timed Rewards continue until they expire next December? Do the Timed Rewards end in March and you get a refund of what you paid for the remaining crowns? Do the Timed Rewards end in March but you get all of the crowns purchased through December in March? Do the Timed Rewards end in March and KI issues you no refund or crowns for the Timed Rewards you purchased, thus you lose money?