Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

it's time for new minions for all the schools

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
The last minion all the schools got was in Avalon.

Now, with the level increased to 140, those minions suffer from the same issues that the original minions did when we got to celestia - they last one round - maybe.

However not everyone can afford to spend several hundred crowns in every battle just to have a henchman so, in the interest of making it possible for the game not to be unplayable unless you either have other players OR you buy henchmen, please create new summonable minions for the different schools.

Survivor
Jan 05, 2015
crystalwizard12345... on Oct 24, 2021 wrote:
The last minion all the schools got was in Avalon.

Now, with the level increased to 140, those minions suffer from the same issues that the original minions did when we got to celestia - they last one round - maybe.

However not everyone can afford to spend several hundred crowns in every battle just to have a henchman so, in the interest of making it possible for the game not to be unplayable unless you either have other players OR you buy henchmen, please create new summonable minions for the different schools.
ummm you can make minions in to a tc at level 12 even boss minions who have 10,000 plus health at level 100 if you put some work in to it for exp. old cob can help you in a battle

Defender
Mar 02, 2009
Minions are not a necessary part of PvE past the first arc, except in VERY niche situations. I have never used my Avalon minion on any character, except for memes; with the prevalence of cheating bosses in the third and fourth arcs, minions and their unreliable or inconsistent casts become more of a liability than a boon.

In terms of PvP, someone correct me if I'm wrong, since I rarely PvP- but no one wants more powerful minions in PvP, and giving characters control over the minion casts in PvP would make them broken- especially the Storm, Death, and Fire minions, which can spam plagues and shields and smoke screens.

When it comes to having us control our minions in PvE but not PvP... Control over minion casts would be the only way they're remotely playable, but then that's not fun, because why are you summoning a minion instead of playing with another wizard.

W101 is meant primarily to be a social game; the design of the battle circle makes that clear, especially with the new changes to new people entering ongoing battles. Minions get in the way of that, and unfortunately (for Myth) there is not much design space for them in the current power level of the game.