Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

parenthesis pets

AuthorMessage
Squire
Apr 18, 2013
Can someone please post and pin a Topic displaying all the asterisk (+) pets in the pet tome?

I'll list what I have from 2 separate accounts.

(+11)
- Balance Class Pet* (premium)
- Balance Hamster*
- Death Class Pet*
- Fire Class Pet*
- Fire Class Pet* (premium)
- Ice Class Pet*
- Ice Class Pet* (premium)
- Life Hamster*
- Myth Class Pet*
- Myth Class Pet* (premium)
- Storm Hamster*

Other account:

(+12)
- Buddy Dragon*
- Danger Hound*
- Death Class Pet*
- Ice Class Pet*
- Life Hamster*
- Myth Class Pet*
- Nightwalker* (wiki says this is a hybrid pet but the tome says no)
- Owl Protege* (premium)
- Shardtail Dragon*
- Storm Beetle* (premium)
- Storm Class Pet* (premium)
- Yellow Elf*

Do Premium pets mean I'll have to get the 450 pt rewards again? How do I get a pet I missed out on? If they are no longer available then I request them to be made available again for pet collectors.

If someone does make a fuller or complete list, please include how each pet can be acquired today. Also, please update the list with each new asterisked pet. Thank you!

Explorer
Jun 06, 2009
I have a lot of the same ones as you, but I'll also add the Egg Chick, obtainable by hatching a Pet Egg with a Bunny Mallow (has to be that combo -- using an Egg Chick as a parent will just give you a Pet Egg)

Some pets are no longer available as they have been retired (e.g. Storm Beetle, Danger Hound), while others are achievable through specific hatching combos (e.g. Egg Chick). I'd recommend checking the Wiki for clarification on any you're curious about!

Honestly, I hope KI doesn't bring back the retired pets. This seems to be an unpopular opinion on the forums, but I just feel like the allure of these pets would be ruined if they were made available to everyone. The retired pets are, in my opinion, a reward for being a long-time player, and I think it's important that we are allowed to keep that "status" of having an exclusive pet. I understand being envious of players who have pets that you want (I'm super envious of anyone who has Frankie Forearms lol), but if we make all these pets available to everyone, they'll lose their appeal. It's like how we can accept the Sheep pet is super exclusive and should remain that way -- why should other retired pets be seen any differently?