Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

reason for damage and resist cap?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 03, 2009
Hi, not sure if i'm under the right discussion board for this. but i have a really important question.

I have read a ton of articles on "how" the damage and resist cap work. But no one has said anything about "why" this happened.

I wiorked really hard to get my storm to 193% damage and now it's capped at 175%. creatures that would have died if I still had 193% are not dying when i want them to. and almost every battle takes longer simply because I do not have 193% damage anymore.

And "no one" has been able to tell me the reason behind this.

I'm sure I'll be less upset if I just know why you are doing this. Cause not being able to understand, is causing me to be more upset than I should be.

Thank you!

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
The stated reason was to curb stat inflation. This lets them continue to make gear with higher and higher numbers but that won't affect game balance as much now. I personally think it still needs a little work since this will effectively freeze your wizard's ability to gain stats at the limit, which seems like it would paint them into even smaller of a corner.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
scampers1234 on Oct 14, 2021 wrote:
Hi, not sure if i'm under the right discussion board for this. but i have a really important question.

I have read a ton of articles on "how" the damage and resist cap work. But no one has said anything about "why" this happened.

I wiorked really hard to get my storm to 193% damage and now it's capped at 175%. creatures that would have died if I still had 193% are not dying when i want them to. and almost every battle takes longer simply because I do not have 193% damage anymore.

And "no one" has been able to tell me the reason behind this.

I'm sure I'll be less upset if I just know why you are doing this. Cause not being able to understand, is causing me to be more upset than I should be.

Thank you!
Critical is also affected. So each critical on an AOE is calculated as a separate instance so you might critical on one, but not the other enemy.