Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Change Extrant Imp into Extract Fey.

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
Ah yes, I'm bringing up Extract Imp. As a Monstrologist, this is by far the least favorite of my extracts. It only covers six creatures, all of which share the same sprite and five of which look exactly identical. Rather unimpressive considering the much wider variety of creatures that even Extract Parrot has.

I've long felt that it could be changed or expanded upon, in order to make it actually comparable to the other extracts out there. Recently I've thought that it could be swapped out entirely, substituted for something that would be much more inclusive: Extract Fey.

This is my idea. The idea of a "Fey" creature as a concept includes multiple fairy-tale beings. In Wizard101, it could potentially include a variety of creatures that might never even have a hope of being in the Monstrology Tome otherwise. These are my thoughts on what, aside from Imps, it could potentially cover:

. Fairies, like the ones in Unicorn Way and Karamelle.

. Some of the Froudlings in Avalon, such as the goblins, Red Caps, and Skirkers.

. Some of the creatures in the dungeons of Aquila, such as the Crescent Moon Centaur in Mount Olympus, Teles and the Siren in Atlantea, and the Death Satyr in Tartarus.

. Hags, like Black Annie in Avalon, Blue Agnes in Azteca, and Charlene Ward in Karamelle.

. Pox creatures, like the Motes that accompany the Loremaster and the Corpse Lantern in Avalon.

I feel that this would be much more expansive and inclusive then the existing Extract Imp, and allow us to obtain several creatures we otherwise might not be able to. I would like to request that this idea be considered.

Survivor
Jul 23, 2015
I love this idea. I believe there are a plethora of extract types that could use similar treatment eventually - Expanding Parrot, to bird as a whole. Expanding Polar Bear to Bear. Expanding current extract types is one of the only logical ways forward.

As far as fey, specifically, I think it above all other ways to expand an extract type, fills a need. There aren't enough centaur enemies in the game, to use an example to used, to warrant it's own extract type - And that's even in comparison to Imp. Same goes for the Witches like Black Annie and Blue Agnes. These are creatures that very likely will never be extractable otherwise.

On an entirely unrelated note, LookIt, your reputation proceeds you - I'd love to find time to see your collection at some point.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Overtaker99 on Sep 13, 2021 wrote:
I love this idea. I believe there are a plethora of extract types that could use similar treatment eventually - Expanding Parrot, to bird as a whole. Expanding Polar Bear to Bear. Expanding current extract types is one of the only logical ways forward.

As far as fey, specifically, I think it above all other ways to expand an extract type, fills a need. There aren't enough centaur enemies in the game, to use an example to used, to warrant it's own extract type - And that's even in comparison to Imp. Same goes for the Witches like Black Annie and Blue Agnes. These are creatures that very likely will never be extractable otherwise.

On an entirely unrelated note, LookIt, your reputation proceeds you - I'd love to find time to see your collection at some point.
Centaurs and the Horses of Mooshu would be "Extract Equine" I think.

But yeah, I know they didn't want to go too general, hence why there is no "Extract X School", but if you think how Broad the "Undead" Category is it makes "Extract Parrot" look excessively specific.

Survivor
Jul 23, 2015
exp613 on Sep 13, 2021 wrote:
Centaurs and the Horses of Mooshu would be "Extract Equine" I think.

But yeah, I know they didn't want to go too general, hence why there is no "Extract X School", but if you think how Broad the "Undead" Category is it makes "Extract Parrot" look excessively specific.
Exactly. While some of my examples (And spelling - "example to used", yikes!) may be poor, the point stands. In comparison not just to undead, but even Golem, and Insect with a MASSIVE variety of different types / models of creatures included, Parrot and especially OP's point about Imp look pathetic.

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
Overtaker99 on Sep 13, 2021 wrote:

Agreed. I can relate with Exp613 on the Crescent Moon Centaur (but then again there are no other Centaur enemies), but that was my thought when making this thread.

If Maeceryn is watching, this might be a good idea to pass on to whoever makes all the Monstrology entries,

(P.S.: If you really want to see my House Guest collection, look for Brian WaterSpear's Wysteria Villa on Castle Tours. I believe I put it under "Collections".)