Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet Trained Will Cast and May Cast Issues

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jun 16, 2010
Hi there,

I recently have begun digging deeper into pets with 'trained will cast' ability. The ones that use happiness to cast a spell via your pet. Its very useful how these can be commanded and follow your cast for that turn!

Well I've encountered a slight glitch while testing my life pet. I went to Golem Court Tower to test the leaf storm ability.

I have now hatched the trait 'Leafstorm trained' on to my Dryad and Life Kookaburra pets.

While testing this on my Dryad, I had clicked to use the spell for the 35 happiness, and then picked my blade to use on my self and rather than using the leaf storm as its cast my pet casted fortify (A Maycast this pet also has).
Upon trying again repeatedly the next several rounds, my pet would no longer cast leaf storm, even though it still showed available to cast. I tried for 5 more rounds, then ultimately had to use another spell, as the pet was no longer working.

However after moving on too the next floor (the boss), I ran my test as normal and the pet worked properly this time. So this may have been an isolated incident, however I have experienced a similar glitch while using The Nightbringer spell, where a pet over stepped and casted it's may cast rather than my character casting the Delay cast.

Would this be considered glitch moments? Do we need to avoid having may casts and delay casts together?