Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

720 spellements?!!!

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
So for us to fully upgrade a spell from tier 1-5 you have to grind for 720 spellements total?
Tier 1:35
Tier 2:75
Tier 3:115
Tier 4:190
Tier 5: 305

Even if you the luckiest wiz in wiz101 to score 30 spellements on each drop, whether it be via pack or grinding bosses, that's still around 24x. I mean I wouldn't complain if the drops were guaranteed since i've farm bosses over 2000 times etc. xD but thats a lot of spellements.

Why not make all spellements a progressive stage upgrade, meaning why not just make it upgradeable on the amount of times someone uses the spell? This would incentivize players to stick around more.

If these spells are also gonna be upgradeable via packs some adjustments is needed on the amount packs drops. Drop 1-5 or 10 spellements every 10 packs or so seems way worse than the old ways of actually getting the actual spell before spellements were even a thing.

Squire
Jan 21, 2010
It was easier to get the spells when the entire spell used to drop from a pack. You couldn't upgrade them though. I do think that it would be kind of KI to drop the whole spell as a ultra rare drop from a pack, and then if you happened to open another copy of the same spell it would upgrade that spell. However, spellements is making KI so much more money by dropping pieces of a spell.

Explorer
Jul 20, 2014
I think the drop rates, and the amounts on them should be increased.

Explorer
Jun 06, 2009
Zebulous Newt on Aug 24, 2021 wrote:
It was easier to get the spells when the entire spell used to drop from a pack. You couldn't upgrade them though. I do think that it would be kind of KI to drop the whole spell as a ultra rare drop from a pack, and then if you happened to open another copy of the same spell it would upgrade that spell. However, spellements is making KI so much more money by dropping pieces of a spell.
That last line is precisely why the current spellement system will never change lol. Even though there are a lot of us who would never even consider spending hundreds of dollars on a spell, there are enough people out there who are to make it seem "worth it" in KI's eyes. The amount of money KI makes on packs makes it so that unless everyone is willing to stop supporting the current system, it will never change.

Survivor
Jan 06, 2021
M SilverCollar on Aug 27, 2021 wrote:
That last line is precisely why the current spellement system will never change lol. Even though there are a lot of us who would never even consider spending hundreds of dollars on a spell, there are enough people out there who are to make it seem "worth it" in KI's eyes. The amount of money KI makes on packs makes it so that unless everyone is willing to stop supporting the current system, it will never change.
While that's true in some sense, people just don't stop buying food just because others don't like the place, or the place stop selling items just because not everyone is buying. I feel like its K I should have its way to incentives its players into wanting to spend money on valued items than unimportant stuff.

Survivor
Jan 06, 2021
Zebulous Newt on Aug 24, 2021 wrote:
This isn't true by a long shot, only a hand full of few have gotten the spells in 20 packs or less, but there were people who spent hundreds of dollars trying to get rat spin and pigsie. If anything spellement made it more so easier as calculated through testing you have a 1/30 packs to craft a spell