Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Sound of Musicology Blade Text Inconsistency

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 14, 2009
This is a small bug, but it sticks out so much to me.

When the blade procs (on summon from a critical and when used), the blade text says "40% storm damage" instead of "+40% storm damage"

Also, this spell uses the Beastmoon blade icon on the spell card's UI instead of the traditional storm icon and damage icon to indicate a blade or the charm icon. Really, there's no icon consistency between spells. Rasalka, for example, doesn't have this icon, but Supercharge does.

The Beastmoon blade icon is the only one that isn't in the Wizard101 Help pages under the Interface tab, so maybe consider adding it, if it's intentional. You'll notice the Beastmoon absorb and trap icons are, though.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Orzee on Jun 28, 2021 wrote:
This is a small bug, but it sticks out so much to me.

When the blade procs (on summon from a critical and when used), the blade text says "40% storm damage" instead of "+40% storm damage"

Also, this spell uses the Beastmoon blade icon on the spell card's UI instead of the traditional storm icon and damage icon to indicate a blade or the charm icon. Really, there's no icon consistency between spells. Rasalka, for example, doesn't have this icon, but Supercharge does.

The Beastmoon blade icon is the only one that isn't in the Wizard101 Help pages under the Interface tab, so maybe consider adding it, if it's intentional. You'll notice the Beastmoon absorb and trap icons are, though.
On a similar note Mockenspiel also is inconsistent once it is upgraded.

I think you'll find that both of these are due to they only have limited space on the cards and are trying to abbreviate. I agree that some consistentcy is good and the Beastmoon Blade Icon is far superior to the old method. It will be nice when they do add it to the help pages. However, based on a Ratbeard stream I listened to a while ago, that sounds like the entire spellbook they want to update, but UI changes tend to take a while.