Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why where may cast extensively nerf? Shatter no pvp?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Oct 30, 2020
Why did some may cast got nerf harder than others i.e
Shatter, enfeeble vs fairy or aura may cast.

The trigger rate during a match i had vs ice who literally spam shield and me trapping as a test run in what would usually end up being 3-4 may cast has casted 0 in the amount of 15-20 turns.

If this is the idea of balancing rng in pvp, then what would be the future for all these trained pets.

Shatter and enfeeble should be made pvp because they are 2 viable utilities at the expense of pips that counters blade stacking and or shield spamming without the necessity of breaking away traps using earthquake.

I feel like its the only viable way to get around shield spammers without using a dot.

Survivor
May 27, 2011
Delver
Mar 31, 2015
ndrago999 on Jun 24, 2021 wrote:
Why did some may cast got nerf harder than others i.e
Shatter, enfeeble vs fairy or aura may cast.

The trigger rate during a match i had vs ice who literally spam shield and me trapping as a test run in what would usually end up being 3-4 may cast has casted 0 in the amount of 15-20 turns.

If this is the idea of balancing rng in pvp, then what would be the future for all these trained pets.

Shatter and enfeeble should be made pvp because they are 2 viable utilities at the expense of pips that counters blade stacking and or shield spamming without the necessity of breaking away traps using earthquake.

I feel like its the only viable way to get around shield spammers without using a dot.
Enfeeble, I can agree, Shatter, no way. Allowing Shatter allows players to blade or trap-stack into Shrike in a kind of low effort race to see who deals the most damage the fastest, which favors outsizedly the damage heavy schools.

When it got to a point to where 2 out of 3 players were doing it, the meta became extremely stale.

Explorer
Oct 30, 2020
Exabytes on Jul 1, 2021 wrote:
Enfeeble, I can agree, Shatter, no way. Allowing Shatter allows players to blade or trap-stack into Shrike in a kind of low effort race to see who deals the most damage the fastest, which favors outsizedly the damage heavy schools.

When it got to a point to where 2 out of 3 players were doing it, the meta became extremely stale.
Considering shatter was made no pvp, I can agree with your point. Then what does this have to say about guaranteed shatter? from that forged master pet.

Then I also assume myth gets away with it because its apart of their identity also? reasonable excuse for why myth is still top tier atm.