Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Angry Snowpig and Thieving Dragon Question

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 28, 2014
I know thieving dragon was added to the game not that long ago but i just realized that the angry snowpig and thieving dragon spells are identical in that they steal ward, attack and both cost 4 pips.

Is this a coincidence or did they just simply forget angry snowpig is a thing and that thieving dragon is technically just a copy of it? or, are they perhaps maybe different spells? although, i don't see how.

Survivor
Aug 10, 2014
So they are similar. Very similar. However it's the order in which the steal and hit happen. So thieving dragon will steal the ward then do the damage. While angry snowpig will do the damage then steal a ward. So both are pretty situational. Like thieving dragon is objectively better for single target shielders. And angry snot pig is great for multiple shields. However with steal ward being 100% accurate and only cost 1 pip and frost bite being a thing, it make snowpig useless unfortunately. Thieving dragon is still really good though.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
ReedThis on Jun 16, 2021 wrote:
I know thieving dragon was added to the game not that long ago but i just realized that the angry snowpig and thieving dragon spells are identical in that they steal ward, attack and both cost 4 pips.

Is this a coincidence or did they just simply forget angry snowpig is a thing and that thieving dragon is technically just a copy of it? or, are they perhaps maybe different spells? although, i don't see how.
They are different.

Angry snow pigs attacks and then steals a ward.
Thieving dragon Steals a Ward and then attacks.

Imagine an enemy casts a Tower shield: Angry Snow Pigs has to hit through that shield and then could remove another shield (if it exists).

Theiving Dragon on the other hand would remove the tower shield and then attack.

They are similar, but they are different.

(I also feel like Theiving Dragon needs a small buff to have damage more in line with Snow Serpent.)

Hope this explanation helps.

Explorer
Aug 19, 2012
ReedThis on Jun 16, 2021 wrote:

Angry Snowpig steals AFTER the hit, Thieving Dragon does it BEFORE the hit