Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How to get extra pips on first turn?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 01, 2020
I often see high level players somehow gain 2 power pips and a normal pip and just obliterate all the enemies with a meteor strike, and I would like to do the same with Tempest but I don't quite know how to increase the amount of pips you begin with so could someone explain please

Delver
Jun 10, 2012
Wand give 1 power pip stats often give power pip at first turn and deck give bonus

Delver
Jun 10, 2012
Wand power pip
Stats normal or power pip
Deck normal pip
So start with 4 or 5 pips

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Having a Wand can grant you an extra pip (starting about level 25-30) after about level 40 wands typically grant a power pip. Starting at about level 100 decks can also grant you an extra pip. Just have to look at gear to see if it's offered on it.

What level are you?

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Many of us gain a spear pip from our decks.

However, for high leveled pyromancers, Power Pips are usually gained on the first turn of battle, hence they can still cast an enchanted Meteor regardless if they do not gain a third.

Survivor
Sep 07, 2012
Survivor
Nov 02, 2012
Hi Dravlex

You have to be around level 130 +, since their extra pip comes from their deck.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
cheese918273 on Jun 1, 2021 wrote:
Hi Dravlex

You have to be around level 130 +, since their extra pip comes from their deck.
not true at all. Decks with extra pips happen at level 100, and you can start buying them from the bazaar at level 102. Wands with extra pips happen around level 50 or so, and the wand you get from the lowest level Aquila dungeon (sky iron hasta) gives 1 powerpip at level 30