Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Reagent cheating?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 11, 2016
I would like to know how someone can get to a reagent and pick it up with in 1 second when they are on the run.
Is this possible and or is this someone cheating?

Same goes when I am at the bazaar for an item I need. 1 sec it's there then next thing you know the item is all gone.
I mean like 50 of an item and you click on it and it says this item has been sold but no one is in the bazaar with me.

Explorer
Dec 08, 2010
I understand your frustration with this, as I have encountered this sort of thing numerous times when going reagent hunting or trying to buy certain items from the Bazaar. However, none of this should the result of other players cheating. When you see someone collect a reagent in the way you describe, they are either spamming X to collect it when the interaction pops up, or there is a disconnect between the player's perceived position on your screen and their actual position, so it ends up looking like they're still running while picking up the reagent. For example, you might see a player clip through a wall or other inaccessible zone when moving, but it's really the game trying to update their position on your screen and not really getting it right due to lag between you and them.

As to auction items, the Bazaar is connected across all realms, so people may still buy the stock that you're seeing even if the building is empty on your realm. It also comes down to chance and internet speed, as someone may have refreshed the page a second before you did and saw the desired item that much faster and bought it before you, but not fast enough for your page to update and show that it is no longer available.

I hope this helps!

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2009
With the way the game is built, other players are usually a little ahead of where they appear when they are on the move. This is why it looks like they can snipe reagents in the blink of an eye or join a battle from farther away than you can. If someone watches you collect reagents, they will see the same thing as you describe.

As for the Bazaar, there is definitely a problem with bots buying up and hoarding all the reagents, but the Spring Update should introduce some measures to help counter this. As for human players sniping reagents in the Bazaar, those people may have refreshed their pages just slightly before you did. Some of these people can be really fast! The Bazaar is also shared across all realms. There may not be anyone else with you in a quiet realm, but you're also racing against people who hang out in Ambrose, Balestrom, etc.