Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Could badges be overhauled?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
May 29, 2009
So one thing I like about Pirate is there badges; some give you unique rewards such as pets, glowing eyes or even access to new crown shop items. I was wondering if it could be possible that Wizard's badges could be overhauled to the same degree? I'll give a few examples of what I mean:

Badges related to defeating a certain amount of the same creature would give you a damage boost against that creature. For example, there are nine badges for defeating a certain number of undead; the first one 'Undead Stalker' would give the player 5% bonus damage against undead enemies. For each new badge unlocked by defeating undead the bonus damage dealt would be increased by 5% and would look something like this:

Undead Stalker: 5%
Undead Hunter: 10%
Undead Conquerer: 15%
Undead Crusader: 20%
Undead Slayer: 25%
Undead Assassin: 30%
Undead Cutthroat: 35%
Undead Master: 40%
Undead Executioner: 45%

Badges awarded for learning all spells through level 48 would give the player additional attack and defensive stats unique to there school. I should mention that these are the values that look good to me and what I would considered balanced:

Master of Fire: Adds one tick to all fire damage over time spells
Master of Ice: 10% Chance to automatically steal an enemies shield at the end of the there turn.
Master of Storm: 15% Power pip chance and 10% Storm critical chance
Master of Myth: Let's you summon one additional minion
Master of Death: Receive 15% more health from drains spells
Master of Life: (20% chance) Healing spells may remove negative status effects, this does not extend to damage over time spells.
Master of Balance: 100 flat universal damage and 50 flat universal resist

Badges awarded for defeating end of arc bosses or achieving other accomplishments would give the player an effect similar to the Epic Talents in Pirate101 but some will have a negative effect on the player as well:

Savior of the Spiral: 25% Chance to recast spell if it fizzles (mirroring Second Chance)
Child of Light and Shadow: 15% Chance to recast the same damage spell but at 50% less damage (mirroring Relentless)
Stormbreaker: 15% Chance to stun attacking enemy (overrides enemies stun resist and leaves no stun shield) but 5% chance to stun you as well (mirroring Hold the Line)
Nordic Champion: 15% Chance to recast the same spell if you critical or defeat an enemy but next critical hit against you will always land (mirroring Bladestorm)
Hero of Grizzleheim: If at -50% Health: gain +10% universal resist and +15% universal damage (mirroring Turn the Tide)
A+ Student: 550 damage (Ignores all resist and shields) to the enemy who attacks you (mirroring Vengeance Strike)

I have plenty of other ideas but don't want to make one long winded post. Anyway though, this post has gotten long enough but I hope you've enjoyed reading my ideas. If you wanna help contribute to this list feel free to do so or if you have any additional suggestions then by all means lets hear them.