Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Beastmoon Monster Mayhem: Overtime?

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 02, 2010
Too many times we lost matches because we kill the boss in the final turn but time runs out before the turn can be finished! Please add an overtime where the match wont end until the end of a turn!

Champion
Nov 22, 2008
I am of the likely controversial opinion that this feature would not make Beastmoon more fun.

While this chance would make it easier, Monster Mayhem is intended to be a challenge to players to play at the highest level possible. Allowing a slight reprieve isn't something I believe they should allow.

If they do implement this, it should only be available to players on the third boss fight if the round started more than 10 seconds before the timer ends. It doesn't make sense to give free time during the first couple boss fights, but a little bit of overtime on the last fight can make the game feel more rewarding.

I'd counterpropose that rather than give overtime, they adjust the time given by coin clam and clockfather according to the stage you're on. Stage 1 - 2 minutes. Stage 2 - 3 minutes. Stage 3 - 4 minutes. This rewards players for being skilled and progressing with the ability to progress more consistently.

If you make it pass stage 1, you should feel better going into stage 2 knowing there will be 3 more minutes on the clock rather than 2: the same can be said of stage 3. Rewarding people with more time feels like a better solution to me and fits the game style better than an overtime system. After all, how long an overtime should be offered? How long will feel good? Often people won't win that last round and overtime just draws out the game anyways and stops people from getting to a new one.