Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Idea Inspired by Stormwing

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 23, 2009
Hello everyone,

Some of you may have seen a preview of the new storm spell Stormwing on the @Wizard101Devs Twitter account which deals damage to a single opponent and casts a Galvanic Field-like aura on the caster. This made me think about how they could extend this after effect idea further to different schools with auras that match their identity.

For Storm, I actually think that instead of a damage aura being casted on the caster as an after effect to a damage spell on an opponent, I wonder if they could create an aura that is like Vengeance except that it increases the caster's critical multiplier on an opponent. I feel like the spell Vengeance should be reworked anyway since critical is no longer a chance system. I see storm as the "critical school," so, to me, it would make more sense to give storm an aura after effect that enhances critical.

For Fire, I think that a damage aura as an after effect for a single target spell would suit fire better. I see fire as the "damage school," so I think fire would benefit from a spell that deals damage to an opponent and then casts either Amplify/Magnify or a Furnace-like aura similar to what is currently proposed for Stormwing on the caster.

For ice, as the "resist school," I think that Fortify or Brace as an after effect would be perfect for a single target ice spell.

For life, as the "healing school," I think that Renew or Mend as an after effect would be perfect for a single target life spell.

For myth, they are the "minion school," of course, but one stat that I associate with myth is pierce. This idea may make no sense since myth already has pierce and shatter as spells, but I think that infallible or flawless as an after effect would go along well with a single target myth spell. Feel free to roast me regarding this one XD

For balance, I feel like one thing that is uniquely associated with balance is pips. Balance has Mana burn and potentially a spell called Steel Pip (according to leaks). So, for balance, I think that empowerment or adapt as an after effect would identify well with the balance school. Again, feel free to roast me regarding this one too XD

The only school that I can't figure out which aura associates well with them is the death school. Obviously, death is the "drain school," but there are currently no auras which enhance drains in any way. This may be something that the developers have to look into.

For each school, there could be spellemental paths. One spellemental path allows the user to increase the amount of damage while the other path allows the user to increase the power of the aura that comes as an after effect.

Let me know your thoughts about this. I think it is an interesting avenue to go down and explore! Feel free to express any agreements/disagreements you have as well as how this concept can be changed/improved! :)

Defender
Jul 26, 2012
Another aspect of the Death school is double-edged buffs or greater power at a price: things like self-damage for blades, heals, pips, and weaknesses or a very powerful trap that also puts a weaker trap on the caster. Berserk or Frenzy could therefore be associated with Death even though some players may not consider them a "hitting" school like Storm or Fire.

As someone who is fond of Balance I agree with your assessment of the Balance school having an association with pip manipulation. There are even more pip-related Balance spells like Donate Power and Dampen Magic/Power Play if you wanted to include retired or partially retired spells.