Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Unable to start Thief of spells

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 25, 2013
Hello! i hope everyone reading this is having a great day!
I'm currently in a pickle with said quest, which is the one for elemental and spiritual diffusion. My wizard is a lv 74 and he has not only fully completed grizzlehelm and wintertusk, but also way over lv 35. Yet the quest refuses to show up, and i certaintly don't have those spells. (i triple checked) hopefully this get fixed for not only me, but everyone else who is having problems with those quests.

Defender
Jul 26, 2012
Just to be absolutely sure: You are first offered a quest by Baldur Goldpaws in Olde town once you have access to Mirkholm Keep. He sends you to speak with Erik Wyrdrune which is when you get the Thief of Spells quest. Are you sure Baldur Goldpaws has no available quests for you either?

Mastermind
Nov 27, 2013
Suggest you discuss this problem with Baldur Goldpaw in Olde Towne, he hangs out down and across from the Bazaar.

Survivor
Aug 25, 2013
Thank you both! Turns out erik is a little shy about directly asking. Odd how not even the wiz wikipedia mentioned this step. Regardless, i'm now happily doing his quests. Thank you both for the help!

Survivor
Jul 05, 2012
To get the quest your level is fine however you dint not mention that you completed the prerequisite at 35 to open the later spells in grizzlehiem.

Linked quests require appropriate level and earlier quests in that line. Can look it up on wiki and back track to make sure you have line complete.