Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The next tier of Skeleton Keys.

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
Okay, so this is something that has been on my mind fora while now. Now that it is 2021 I must naturally share it.

Each tier of Skeleton Key (Wooden, Stone, Gold) seems to encompass a certain arc of the world. Wooden Key bosses are found in Arc 1 worlds, Stone bosses in Arc 2, and Gold bosses in Arc 3 worlds. This is true for just about every Skeleton key boss (With the exception of Simon the Sayer.)

This leads in to my idea. Now that we are in the fourth story Arc of the game, shouldn't it be natural that Skeleton Key bosses in Karamelle and beyond have a new tier of Skeleton Key? It seems only natural if we are following this way of progression. Perhaps the new tier should be Obsidian Keys, like in Pirate101? Or maybe Platinum, or Crystal?

Does anyone have any thoughts?

Defender
Aug 16, 2014
Candy, Obviously

Only obtainable from Karamelle.

- Oh-so-sveet Zachary SpiritLeaf

Explorer
May 28, 2012
Okay, this is a very interesting question. One is suggesting Candy, another says Obsidian (created from lava), platinum (ultra rare reagent/mineral), then crystal (a substance formed out of minerals).

Since Karmelle has been release and includes a Rock Candy Mountain, how about a Rock Candy Skeleton Key that would be used in a Rock Candy Skeleton Lock and both shatter upon use?

The only conundrum I have is trying to picture what shape the key would appear as since crystals are many shapes. I remember making my own rock candy as a child using a simple syrup, string, glass and pencil.