Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Karamelle Crafting Recipes Are Ridiculous

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Nov 08, 2015
I'm creating this thread to point out how ridiculous and absurd the crafting recipes are in Karamelle, with the hope that they change in the future.

First of all, all of the gear and housing recipes require you to be a Revered crafter in order to purchase them. Revered crafting is a SIDE branch of crafting; the current highest MAIN rank of crafting is Visionary. As copied directly from the Fall 2017 Empyrea Part 1 Update Notes, when Revered crafting first came out, "NOTE: You will only require Visionary crafting to continue in your regular crafting progression in future worlds." KI literally has stated in their own Update Notes that Revered crafting would not be required in future worlds, yet this is not the case in Karamelle.

Suggestion: Change it so that all gear and housing recipes in Karamelle require you to be a Visionary crafter only in order to purchase them.

I'll now move on to the gear recipes. There is just one problem I have with them, which is specifically the Karamelle Chunk requirement. The issue with this reagent is that the drop rate for it is extremely low; I already see threads made about this issue here and here. KI developers on Twitter stated that they wanted Karamelle gear to be less grindy to obtain than Dragoon gear, but mathematically, this is not happening. I have farmed Heidi with a friend using a two-round strategy for roughly 12 hours and I have only obtained 4 Karamelle Chunk reagents; my friend has only obtained 3. This means we only get 1 Karamelle Chunks every 3-4 hours roughly. The wand, athame, amulet, and ring recipes all require 8 Karamelle Chunk reagents, which means it will take roughly 24-32 hours to obtain enough Karamelle Chunks for just one of these gear pieces. The hats, robes, and shoes all require 20, so it will take roughly 60-80 hours to obtain enough reagents for one of these gear pieces. And these estimates are not including the amount of time it takes to get a Wunderbar gear piece, which every gear recipe requires. I'll next compare this with Dragoon.

Farming King Detritus is the go-to method to obtain the Alchemical reagents for the Vanguard and Dragoon recipes. It takes me roughly 10 minutes to complete one run of the Abandoned House, and 10 Alchemical Extract is guaranteed per run. This means that when farming efficiently, I get ~60 Extract every hour. Crafting both Vanguard and Dragoon gear requires a total of 480 Alchemical Extract per gear piece, which means it takes roughly 8 hours of King Detritus farming to make just one Dragoon piece. You can obviously see that this is much, much better than grinding for the reagents to craft a Karamelle gear piece. Additionally, keep in mind that the Alchemical Extract is GUARANTEED from the Abandoned House. You are not guaranteed Karamelle Chunks while farming.

Suggestion: Heavily raise the drop rate for Karamelle Chunks, and add it to the drop table for the mobs throughout the world. I also suggest you add the reagent to a vendor and sell it for gold; I think this would be fine if the reagent itself was expensive to purchase. That could also help with the gold economy issue the game has.

The last section of this thread will deal with the housing recipes. All of them require Toffee Beans to make, which creates the exact same problem that the gear recipes have. Toffee Beans are absurdly difficult to obtain; my character that farmed Heidi has only 9, and some of the recipes require 50, so I'll let you do the math to figure out how many hours it would take to make one housing item. And that's just ONE housing item. I can sort of understand why gear recipes are so difficult, since the gear would give you an advantage in the game, but housing items give you no advantage whatsoever in Wizard101. It shouldn't be this absurdly difficult to obtain nice-looking housing items for your house.

The other issue with the housing recipes are the large amounts of Flying Squid Ink and Steel that they require; I see the Steel requirements ranging from 100-150. Steel is already very difficult to obtain, and it is primarily used to make Jewels. I think the developers decided to make the recipes require Steel since the housing items themselves look like they're made of Steel, but the amount required just to make ONE housing item is absolutely insane. I think anyone looking at these recipes would be instantly dissuaded from attempting them because of this; additionally, you can make at least 20 school specific Jewels using that Steel instead. I don't know about you, but I consider 6% Pierce Jewels more valuable than a Treadmill housing item, and I think nearly all of the playerbase can agree with me on this. I highly doubt anyone would give up Steel for these housing items, when the alternative is so much better.

Suggestions: Heavily raise the drop rate for Toffee Beans, and add it to the drop table for the mobs throughout the world. Heavily decrease the Steel requirements in the housing recipes.

As I near the end of this post, I realized that I think it's fine that Flying Squid Ink is required in these recipes since that reagent is auctionable and can be obtained from the Bazaar. Karamelle Chunks, Pretzel Sticks, and Toffee Beans are currently not auctionable. There are players who don't house decorate that obtain Toffee Beans from farming, so this reagent is essentially just sitting in their backpack, useless. They should be allowed to sell this reagent to players who value it more than them, and again, housing items give you NO ADVANTAGE whatsoever in this game.

Thanks for reading my post. I tried to be helpful and offer suggestions on how crafting can be improved in Karamelle, instead of just cricizing KI without offering suggestions for improvement.

Survivor
Apr 30, 2011
During test realm, I worked to become a "Revered" crafter so that when I got to Karamelle I could craft if I wanted.

Well.. that has not happened. I have basically just dismissed the idea of ever crafting anything there. I don't understand. Why make items and recipes, and have them (basically) impossible to make? Crafting has been written off by most in Karamelle I would guess. Not worth the time or the boredom of trying to get those chunks. Who even knows if you would get one in 24 to 48 hours? Not testing it.