Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Just another rant about Cronus being in Tartarus

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 17, 2009
I don't usually like making these types of posts, but I have been having a serious problem that has seriously hindered my enjoyment with this game and I feel this topic needs some sort of a revival because this is still an active issue in the game in the year 2020, almost 2021 at the time of writing this.

As the title suggests I'm talking about the implementation of the secret bosses in Aquila, most notably Cronus. These secret bosses are seen by the wider and knowledgeable player base as extremely lucrative and easy to farm. I personally have spent many an hour farming Cronus and Gladiator Dimachaerus for loot such as the Hades wands, master amulets, and most notably amber and personally love farming these bosses on my max level Storm. But these bosses have a glaring issue with the way they are implemented into the game.

For those who may not know, these secret bosses are placed within an entirely different dudgeon and are there as optional content. Gladiator Dimachaerus resides with the Mount Olympus dungeon, the Sand Squid within Atlantea, and Cronus within Tartarus. The dungeons these bosses reside in are themselves very lucrative for the gear the final bosses of each dungeon drop.

Most of the content present throughout all of Aquila is very lucrative for a variety of different reasons, which leads players to farm different areas of Aquila for different reasons. These different reasons of farming become conflicting and are a very serious issue when someone decides to press the "Team Up" button. The reason I'm writing this post is because I have been a recent victim of these conflicting interests of farming.

I have been trying to farm for some gear in Tartarus recently for my level 90 myth. Being seeing as I don't have enough friends online/interested in farming Tartarus, I usually have to resort to the aforementioned Team Up button to even attempt a Tartarus run. However, when there is eventually 4 people in the Team Up queue, we now come into contact with the aforementioned conflicting interests. A good portion of people want to just farm Cronus and leave the dungeon after that. I can personally sympathize with their motives as I have done the same in the past as well, but being now with me being the party interested in farming the full dungeon, this is frustrating to say the least as my intended goal for pressing the Team Up button never had a proper chance to come to fruition. I like farming both Tartarus and Cronus, but these separate entities should not be allowed to share the same Team Up lobby.

Many suggestions have been brought up in the past that I feel would fix the problem I am having that is severely hindering my enjoyment with this game. You could place Cronus and all the other secret bosses into their own newly-made instances, but I understand that this would be a fix that is more difficult to implement than necessary. All that really needs to be done is to place separate sigils within Aquila for these secret bosses and these sigils would lead directly to the room where these secret bosses reside. For an even easier fix, you could simply make allow players to select different Team Up lobbies with different names when approaching the sigil. For example, one Team Up lobby could be titled as "Cave of Nyx", which is what the room Cronus resides in is called, while letting still calling the full dungeon he resides in "Tartarus". This simply gives players the option to Team Up with other players who share the same desired end goal as themselves.

Before anyone suggests just skipping Tartarus in favor of Darkmoor, I am planning on doing some promethean PvP on this wizard, so that is not an option. Would love to hear your other thoughts and comments as well though.

Survivor
Nov 25, 2010
This is the reason I didn't farm Tartarus on my death. There were just way too many people going in, fighting the boss, and leaving. I had your same frustrations and in the end also gave up on farming Tartarus after the second run. My only suggestion is to persevere and try to get through it. I hope your time farming gets better.

Have a good one!

Delver
Jun 10, 2012
Hi,

I have this problem too (lvl 90;want to do tartarus,team up,they just want chronius.)
And thats more than an aquilan frustration.
Darkmoor part 3:
-some here for the Undead himself
-many for yevgeny only
-some for Aphrodite II

The easiest solution would be to give them another entrance (not for yev but for aphro dima sandy and chron)

Another to keep the spirit is to move them from the entrance to the end of the dungeon (that will bring a lot of problems but this one will be corrected)

Introducing a new team up mechanic for dungeons and longer instance : instead of questing and farming;
boss, early stages, first fight,secret boss,or any other terms that indicate the objectives of the one who summoned it.
that would filter and split the ones who just want chronius from the ones who quest or farm hades.

The GoldenFlames

Delver
Sep 13, 2016
There are 2 types of team up, farming and questing, most people who farm Kronus will probably choose farming as a team up and people who want to fully complete Tartarus and the Underworld and want to defeat Hades can choose questing, I did not pay attention whether the Aquila dungeons have these options but if they do youcan use them.