Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Complaint about Yuletide Sleigh Advert

AuthorMessage
Defender
Aug 20, 2008
Having spent five bucks (aka 2500 crowns) on the Yuletide Sleigh, I feel obliged to file a "misleading advertisement" complaint about the promo for this item.

The ad never actually states in what way the sleigh is "interactible". Meanwhile, it uses a lot of loaded phrases like "long trip", "fancy ride", "fly by", "before it glides away".

It's basically a fancy park bench but the wording strongly implies that it's some kind of two-person ride-on item.

Now, it's my fault that I chose not to wait for a review but I also feel like there's a trust issue here. I trusted KI to deliver what they appeared to be advertising. Yes, I should have practiced caveat emptor so I'm not pressing for a refund (though all things being equal, I wouldn't refuse one that was offered).

I feel like this ad is deliberately misleading. Maybe the copy-writer felt that he or she was being cute, but it's bad practice to be coy in addition, to the point where a buyer doesn't really know what it is that she's buying. The ad should be clarified and future adverts should be clear about what the item is and what it does, especially given the number of "rides" that already exist in the game, including the new candy village sled ride.