Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet Kiosk, Bug?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 25, 2009
As an Ice character trying to make a out-going, double resist pet for one of my characters, one of the pets that had the talents I was looking for happened to be a dryad. Now I hatched with said dryad for 100,000 gold and much to my dismay I got a Dryad pet back on an Ice character who cannot equip said pet and train said pet. So now I am down 100,000 gold and a 12 hour wait time till I can try again.

Eric IceBreeze

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
Sadly KI changed the system a few years ago, making this possible and common.

It used to be impossible to get a pet you couldn't equip in a hatch. That's no longer the case. I believe their assumption was it was a bonus for people who wanted to collect more body types, but it's awful for the rest of us.

Survivor
Oct 21, 2011
It is common for that to happen now a days. If I were you, the best thing you could do is start a life wizard and begin to level up the said pet. This will allow you to start with a decent pet on your wizard and you can help it become an adult. If it has the talents you seek, breed again with yours. It will be much cheaper and available for breeding again in the future. I had this happen with an ice pet as a fire wizard. I learned I actually enjoy having that extra wizard and it opened the doors a little more for me as well.