Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Chat Filter Problem

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 15, 2020
I noticed that the word Ma'am is banned. Not restricted/ yellow, actually banned/red. I cannot seem to figure out why though. Sir is allowed, it is white text. That would make sense given the Knightly/Arthurian theme of Avalon.

Administrator
TalonIrontamer on Dec 10, 2020 wrote:
I noticed that the word Ma'am is banned. Not restricted/ yellow, actually banned/red. I cannot seem to figure out why though. Sir is allowed, it is white text. That would make sense given the Knightly/Arthurian theme of Avalon.
This could be due to the apostrophe in an odd place (for our system). I'll check our 'master word list' to be sure :).

Explorer
Apr 15, 2017
Sparck on Dec 11, 2020 wrote:
This could be due to the apostrophe in an odd place (for our system). I'll check our 'master word list' to be sure :).
Can you also check the word "get in"? It's filtered for 18+ chat and it's a pretty common phrase.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
TalonIrontamer on Dec 10, 2020 wrote:
Ma'am is a contraction of Madam, try that word (if you wish to be polite). you can also try "my lady", which is much more Arthurian.

Survivor
Apr 15, 2020
It also comes back red if you try to spell it maam without it. I'm guessing it has something to do with the double A, as that is also banned. I'm guessing that has to do with well, you know. AA