Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Did Not Receive Anything After Purchasing the Winter Scroll of Fortune

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 03, 2013
Hello & Good Day -

I purchased the Winter Scroll of Fortune for 7500 Crowns, early 12/2/20 around 4:30 AM… and I didn’t receive anything for my purchase?? I clicked the Tier 9 option and hit purchase after reading the help section at the bottom right corner. I didn’t receive anything at all for my purchase and the Crowns were taken from my Account. This is unfair, and I want my Crowns back if I’m not going to receive anything. Please help.

Thank you for your time and have a Good Day :)

Delver
Jun 17, 2012
Hi Lord of Night, you did not receive any prizes, (yet) because you have to earn points on the scroll.
You earn points on the scroll by completing tasks for events which are: Spiral Showcase, Deckathalon, Beastmoon Hunt, Beastmoon Mayhem and Pet Promenade. Right now the Pet Promenade is running. So if you click on the top right Gamma owl icon you will see the Pet Promenade, click it. It will tell you what tasks you can complete (you must complete by 1:00AM EST) to get the points for that day. You can earn up to 100 points a day per wizard if you do all of the tasks. If you don't want to hatch, you can still earn 75 points per day per wizard. Try it.
As soon as you are done with the tasks, check your scroll of fortune again. You will have earned a couple prizes. Click them and they are yours now!

To get to the tier 9 prizes, you will need to have earned roughly 2750 points. Luckily you have 3 months to do this. The more events you participate in, the faster you will get to Tier 9. Be sure to check your scroll of fortune points every week or so to be sure you are earning enough. After paying crowns, you don't want the scroll to expire before you have redeemed everything! You should be earning around 1000 points per month to ensure you will redeem them all. Spiral Showcase and Pet Promenade will net you the most points in the least amount of game time FYI.

Scroll of Fortune is a great item to purchase if you participate and like the events. If you don't do the events, you will not be able to redeem the max number of points on the scroll, (around 3150). I love the scrolls. Once you learn how they work, they are a lot of fun. It's exciting to get your prizes!

Hope this helps :)

Alura Winter 102

Survivor
Sep 14, 2013
You have to take part in the events that offer scroll points. With the points that's how you unlock the items the scroll offers. By purchasing the scroll it allows you to also get more rare and exclusive items, but you will still need to earn the points.

Survivor
Jun 03, 2013
Hello & Good Day –

So I don’t understand… not at all.

Basically I spent 7,500 Crowns on Items I won’t get, because I have to participate in the event? So what’s the point in a purchase option? Where did my Crowns go? What did I spend them on exactly? Because from how it sounds, 7,500 Crowns was stolen from me. By making me think that I can purchase these Items without participating. Now I'm hearing… what exactly? That I purchased the opportunity to participate? I want my Crowns back! I don’t have time to participate. That’s why I purchased. This is unfair! I would like to have my Crowns back. This is like some kind of hustle… or robbery!

Survivor
Jun 14, 2009
The fact that this has been an issue since the Scroll came out shows that KI did a terrible job explaining what exactly you buy in the game. There's a number of players who don't understand/haven't experienced a Battle Pass system. When purchasing the Scroll, there's nothing that tells you that you have to earn points, it's all buried in the Help Menus. KI likely won't address this because in this case the mistake is profitable, just like Packs.

That being said, definitely contact support and they should help you. Or you can participate in the Events (it's not as bad as it sounds, but you do have to go out of your way to play most of them) and earn your way up, but it's definitely a time commitment so contacting support is probably the way to go. Do not redeem anything, though, or they'll be less likely to restore your purchase.

What you purchased is known as a "Battle Pass" type system, you gain Event Points through Events to make progress on this Scroll. Generally speaking, it's best to make progress through the Scroll and if you progress enough to reach a locked item you want, you purchase it for the locked rewards, as it is retroactive. About half of the Scroll is free to everyone, though. There are currently 82 days in this Season (out of ~90), so you have plenty of time to earn rewards, if you choose.

I hope this helps!