Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Can't do housing gauntlets anymore.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 18, 2016
Ever since the update, me and my friends have been running into the old "This item isn't usable by players visiting from Castle Tours or Castle Games" error message when trying to do any housing gauntlet, including Winterbane Hall and Midnight Sun Pagoda, which should be open to everyone.

Was it intended that these gauntlets no longer be available to everyone?

Winterbane Hall is a very popular farming spot for rank 8 pet snacks used in pet training. Take away people's ability to do Winterbane Hall, and you've effectively removed %80 of the playerbases only option for collecting any pet snacks. Yeah, if that doesn't start an angry mob in The Commons, I don't know what will.

You guys may want to backpedal on that change a little. Me and my crew have suggested in the past that a special housing option be added to open all the gauntlets to everyone, or friends only, at the choice of the home owner. That would be the ideal way to go about handling the housing gauntlets in the future, not locking them all to friends only.

Survivor
Apr 07, 2019
i'm having the same issue. the trick to getting into castle tours housing gauntlets was working last week, now all of the sudden it won't work anymore.

i know it is working for other people though, because they are "glitched in" and add me so i can tp to them and run the gauntlet i intended to run.

i'm not sure why the trick won't work for me anymore. if it is KI intentionally patching it then i have to say i am disappointed but not surprised. this trick has been possible for over 10 years, so why all the sudden they decide to patch it NOW is beyond me. figures this would happen when i actually get into housing gauntlets and start running them regularly as a break from literally everything else i'm farming

sigh