Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Two Oldest Needs: Pet Stitching and Name Changing

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 30, 2009
Since the inception of this game there 2 things that KI has needed to add but still haven't Pet Stitching and allowing wizards to change their names.

With pets:
Firstly this would make the pet thing so much more fun. I am tired of always seeing the same pets over and over again. Yes i can transfer stats over via hatching but for me the other pet doesn;t have the same rare or unique cards and those can't be copied over.

Second we would have to call it something else. Like the magic mirror it could be called the pet copying or copy morphing...or something. It honestly its not that different from the way the hatching looks like anyway with the brain helmets they are hooked up to in the hatching arena. Kind of looks like brain swapping already lol. And to encourage purchases KI could make it so you have to personally own both pets. Which would encourage people to buy new pets or do more hatches, as well as reward those who have done millions of hatches already. As for the hatching kiosk or hatching with others the stats/cards part of the pet would be what "it is" just like how if you look at the cloths of a person it shows the name of the one that has those stats and not the name of the look. So if you saw for example a rain core with the look of a pixie or something it will show "rain core" as the pet not the pixie. Same with hatching or if you put a pet in the kiosk it will not be displayed in its current shape but rather what its base or true state is. Easy.

Name Change:
As to the name change thing I'll try not to rant too much but it feels like a need that dates back to the beginning of the game just like the pet one so they go together in my head.

There is really no reason for them to not have this as an option. And there are all kinds of things they could do to regulate it! I would love everyone's opinions on these in particular. Ill list the top 3 I've thought of.

1) Make it cost crowns. This isn't a new idea. The only question is should it cost a little like 100 crowns like stitching is or a lot. I am inclined to make it more expensive to keep the KI servers from getting over loaded as well as giving them more money since this is a game for profit. Since Greyrose keeps recommending making a new wizard how about making it close to the cost of the "extra wizard" potion in the crown shop? That seems a bit excessive in price but to me the sheer effort I've put into making that wizard perfect and maxed includes not only all the hours spent playing, but also crowns I spent obtaining spells or non-trade gear or pvp stuff or spellements or pets etc....when you add all that together it makes that price more worth it for me than starting anew despite it being 18000 crowns. I know KI wants us to make new wizards cause that makes us keep playing. But its become so painful to recreate all those things that this strategy actually backfires on them. Now instead of paying the extra 18000 I just "learn to live with it" and pay them nothing.

2) Make it a members only benefit. I kind of hate this since I myself am a crowns player and yet objectively speaking I accept it. KI is determined to force people like me to buy a membership with all the amazing membership bonuses and other things. Well this is one for sure that is more tempting to me than things like double fishing bonus.

3) The last one is unique but I think it's worth considering! They should also have it...delete your friends list! I know that sounds alarming but hear me out. This would fix any problems with KI having to fix the change that would occur on everyone's pages. Essentially it would be "as if" you did delete the wizard and thus your name vanished from everyone's lists like it does when your wizard is truly deleted. It would also discourage constant changes which could could also cause problems which is a major plus to this idea! This way I don't have to create a new wizard like Greyrose suggests and thus loose all my hard work and yet also keep things easier for KI who works so hard on our behalf. I want an honest opinion on this. With that consequence of loosing all the friends you had saved up be worth it or not. Would you still be willing to do it? As for me...I would! It would also make me pause too and think which is also awesome.

I know these topics have been brought up a lot but we cant stop! We have to keep bringing them up or they wont ever change them so share your thoughts or give your thumbs up or thumbs down. Do you have a different unique idea? Lets hear it! :)

Survivor
Apr 03, 2011
To be honest I don't think those two should happen, so for the

pet stitching

Pets should be more natural/hybrid unlike the wizard counterpart, its better when they are combined and have hybrid appearance it would give them more value then simply stitching your pet. Though, if there is to be an appearance discussion about pets in the future, it would need to be well thought out then simply dressing them up.

name changing

Sure it has been a long time topic and because everyone really wants to change the name that they don't like from when they did it long time ago but, it would also mean your friends would keep changing there names not to mention names like any other games tend to keep them passive and not changeable, the name is also meant to have value, unlike appearance from when they added some appearance changing shop its been well thought out and planned so that it wont affect the values of the wizards themselves because its basically like going to the barber shop and getting a haircut or putting on your makeup.

Survivor
Apr 03, 2011
Who knows I could still be up for name change honestly since I've always been wondering about that so I hope no one takes my reply too seriously though it'd be a great change and attract more people with those kind of change

Survivor
Oct 18, 2011
Thomas Sunhammer on Oct 26, 2020 wrote:
Since the inception of this game there 2 things that KI has needed to add but still haven't Pet Stitching and allowing wizards to change their names.

With pets:
Firstly this would make the pet thing so much more fun. I am tired of always seeing the same pets over and over again. Yes i can transfer stats over via hatching but for me the other pet doesn;t have the same rare or unique cards and those can't be copied over.

Second we would have to call it something else. Like the magic mirror it could be called the pet copying or copy morphing...or something. It honestly its not that different from the way the hatching looks like anyway with the brain helmets they are hooked up to in the hatching arena. Kind of looks like brain swapping already lol. And to encourage purchases KI could make it so you have to personally own both pets. Which would encourage people to buy new pets or do more hatches, as well as reward those who have done millions of hatches already. As for the hatching kiosk or hatching with others the stats/cards part of the pet would be what "it is" just like how if you look at the cloths of a person it shows the name of the one that has those stats and not the name of the look. So if you saw for example a rain core with the look of a pixie or something it will show "rain core" as the pet not the pixie. Same with hatching or if you put a pet in the kiosk it will not be displayed in its current shape but rather what its base or true state is. Easy.

Name Change:
As to the name change thing I'll try not to rant too much but it feels like a need that dates back to the beginning of the game just like the pet one so they go together in my head.

There is really no reason for them to not have this as an option. And there are all kinds of things they could do to regulate it! I would love everyone's opinions on these in particular. Ill list the top 3 I've thought of.

1) Make it cost crowns. This isn't a new idea. The only question is should it cost a little like 100 crowns like stitching is or a lot. I am inclined to make it more expensive to keep the KI servers from getting over loaded as well as giving them more money since this is a game for profit. Since Greyrose keeps recommending making a new wizard how about making it close to the cost of the "extra wizard" potion in the crown shop? That seems a bit excessive in price but to me the sheer effort I've put into making that wizard perfect and maxed includes not only all the hours spent playing, but also crowns I spent obtaining spells or non-trade gear or pvp stuff or spellements or pets etc....when you add all that together it makes that price more worth it for me than starting anew despite it being 18000 crowns. I know KI wants us to make new wizards cause that makes us keep playing. But its become so painful to recreate all those things that this strategy actually backfires on them. Now instead of paying the extra 18000 I just "learn to live with it" and pay them nothing.

2) Make it a members only benefit. I kind of hate this since I myself am a crowns player and yet objectively speaking I accept it. KI is determined to force people like me to buy a membership with all the amazing membership bonuses and other things. Well this is one for sure that is more tempting to me than things like double fishing bonus.

3) The last one is unique but I think it's worth considering! They should also have it...delete your friends list! I know that sounds alarming but hear me out. This would fix any problems with KI having to fix the change that would occur on everyone's pages. Essentially it would be "as if" you did delete the wizard and thus your name vanished from everyone's lists like it does when your wizard is truly deleted. It would also discourage constant changes which could could also cause problems which is a major plus to this idea! This way I don't have to create a new wizard like Greyrose suggests and thus loose all my hard work and yet also keep things easier for KI who works so hard on our behalf. I want an honest opinion on this. With that consequence of loosing all the friends you had saved up be worth it or not. Would you still be willing to do it? As for me...I would! It would also make me pause too and think which is also awesome.

I know these topics have been brought up a lot but we cant stop! We have to keep bringing them up or they wont ever change them so share your thoughts or give your thumbs up or thumbs down. Do you have a different unique idea? Lets hear it! :)
Completely agree on pet stitching. On that topic, mount stitching is also another, if not even bigger, request from players. In the past, I'd walk past a whole different variaty of mounts while now all I see is either ghultures for the stats or 50% speed boost mounts for...well...the speed. I would love if I could once again ride my skeletal dragon but retain the ghulture's 3% dmg. It's also easy profit so win-win for everyone.

Name-changing, however, I am not the biggest fan of. On the topic of massive changes, not the biggest fan of gender changing either. My biggest issue with it is just logging on and seeing, for example, Samantha Stormbreaker on my friends list instead of, for example, Oran Goldheart. And that's one. Now imagine ALL of your friends doing that (because most will) and you log on with a completely new friends list. It would be complete chaos, imo. Making it a 1 time ever change and making it extremely expensive (in the 10s of thousands, at the very least) could validate it to some extend as people would do it only once and would have to explain it to all of their friends only once, but it's still iffy. I myself also am not the biggest fan of my name but I wouldn't want to be able to change it. The idea of having your entire friends list is an interesting idea. I guess if you want to get a fresh start, that would be a nice way to do it but keep your wizard at the same time without having to create a new one. If that were the case, then yeah, I'm on board for that. And the more I think about it, the more I like the idea. As long as you get all of your friends deleted and you re-add them with the help of an external app (which fixes the explanation problem as all of your new friends know what's happened) then yeah, I'm on board.

P.S. Speaking of having your whole friends list deleted, here's another idea. Give us the option to select multiple people to remove instead of removing them individually one by one.

Explorer
Jan 10, 2012
One way K I could implement the name change without major impact is simply this:
When a user wants his name changed and pays the mega amount of crowns.
This "does not" change "his" name in any friends list. You can still port to your friend using his old name.
When you do, you will see "his" character with the his new name.
You may at "your" option delete the old and add his new name to your friends list or
continue to using his old name. KI would need to simply save the original creation name and his new name.

Survivor
Sep 30, 2009
Thank you! That what I'm saying. The more you think about deleting the list as a consequence the more it seems to fit! Like, its odd because it sounds awful or harsh at first but that's why I wanted some feed back. Just like with you, as you think about it the more starts to make sense! I honestly think that fixes every issue KI or players has ever had with the idea of changing names. You said it more concise too. It gives you a fresh start without actually staring over as well as avoiding all kinds of chaos or confusion, aaaaaand it could cost something as well and thus make more money for the game. Other games have a system where the first time only is free and all other times after that cost a significant amount. (which is a 4th idea I just remembered as I was typing this) Which makes people really ponder their decisions will still giving creative freedom.