Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

X pip Fire Spells Deckathalon Bug

AuthorMessage
Developer
I've been running the upper levels of the Fire Deckathalon, and multiple times, enemies with a ton of pips use an X pip spell like heckhound or backdraft, it would get rid of those pips, then the enemy uses the same spell the following round, and it do the exact same amount of damage / trap.

Falmea did a 120% backdraft on me with 2 pips and the second floor of stage 9 beast did a 400 damage per tic heckhound with 2 pips, which made me lose

Anybody else find this bug? This is becoming a waste of credits and we don't have unlimited anymore.

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2009
When an enemy casts Heck Hound, they won't always use exactly all of their pips. Sometimes they only use some of their pips, and other times they manage to use more pips than they have. This is becoming especially bad in the Fire Deckathalon, where it becomes nearly impossible for me to tell if I should Triage away a certain DoT or not until it's too late, because I can't tell beforehand how many pips are being used.

I think this bug is related to how many pips the enemy used to cast the same X-pip spell earlier that battle. For example, if an enemy spends 8 pips to cast a Heck Hound, then future Heck Hounds will be cast as if they were 8 pips. If that enemy has more than 8 pips, then they will not use all of their pips. They can also cast the same 8-pip Heck Hound later for, say, just 3 pips. (This doesn't always happen though, which makes it harder to gauge how strong a certain DoT is.)

There's also a visual bug where casting an X-pip spell will remove some of the caster's pips now, and then the rest at the start of the next round. I don't really know anything else about this bug and it just makes things even more confusing.

Squire
Apr 18, 2013
The X pip issue has been going on for months and months. It's not just with fire spells. Many have reported the same issue regarding Tempest and KI claimed they fixed it but it still happens. I reported it recently and have since stopped using Tempest in the Deckathalon.

Yes, I have also noticed the enemy X pip heck hound and backdraft not working as intended.