Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Level 108/125 Elixir?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jul 21, 2017
So today I got my first character, my main, to the Arcanum.

I have two other characters (Myth and Storm) that are waiting in the wings.

I really, really, really don't want to have to grind each one up.

Naturally the rules would be the same as the Level 50 Elixir. You need to have 1 Wizard already at the appropriate level to use the Elixir.

Perhaps if you already used the Level 50 Elixir on a Wizard (like I did on my Myth and Storm Wizards, 2 years ago) the cost of the Level 108/125 Elixir can be reduced accordingly.

Defender
Jul 21, 2017
Some of you really have 7 Wizards all maxed out and with all the side quests finished and when I tell you my brain cannot even process that, I mean it.

Even just doing the low level Wizard City side quests all over again has me wrecked. It's all very interesting the first time through, but doing it over and over and over again?

That reminds me by the way- using the Elixir should complete all side quests, not just story quests. Training point quests too.

Defender
Jul 21, 2017
Welp. I just created 1 of every kind of Wizard except Balance.

I guess all 7 of my Wizards combined = Balance, but it'd still be nice to have an 8th character slot. Really strange how they stopped at 7.

I don't know how many of them I'll use an Elixir on. During the next crown sale, maybe all of them.

Death is still my main school though.

Defender
Jul 21, 2017
Oh, they've added an Elixir that gives an additional character slot? Sweet.

Defender
Jul 21, 2017
Yeah, no, I can't mentally handle that many characters. For now I've just got my Necromancer, Conjurer and Diviner. All the others are deleted. Abracadabra. Poof.

If I could, I'd scrap my Conjurer and Diviner and get the crowns back.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
You're having a conversation with yourself here?

But, to the original point, a level 100 or anything beyond elixir I feel is far too high.

I would advocate for possibly a level 75 but nothing above that.

I don't feel the game has that much more content as opposed to a level 50 elixir to see such an introduction of an exalted level elixir.

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
I personally don't see an issue with having a higher level elixir for crowns. I doubt I would use it in favor of playing through the story again, but I can see someone wanting to level up a wizard quickly to do PvP at a higher level and buying it. I don't see a downside really.

Defender
Jul 21, 2017
Star Edward on Nov 3, 2020 wrote:
You're having a conversation with yourself here?

But, to the original point, a level 100 or anything beyond elixir I feel is far too high.

I would advocate for possibly a level 75 but nothing above that.

I don't feel the game has that much more content as opposed to a level 50 elixir to see such an introduction of an exalted level elixir.

Eh, it's more for the sake of getting an alt character caught up to where your main character already is, so you don't have to replay through all the content you've already played through if you don't want to.

So if you want to try the latest content (like Karamelle) or engage in high level PVP as a different class, it becomes that much easier.

Or they could just add Class Change Elixirs.

Defender
Jul 21, 2017
I would 100% pay 40,000 crowns to skip to Karamelle on a new Wizard.

BUT! The side quests up until Karamelle would have to also be completed.

All the quest rewards from the side quests could be redeemed like gifts- reagents, equipment, gold, all strategically separated.

Or there could just be a flat gold reward, equipment relevant to level 130+, and all school pets that you would have gotten by that point- whatever works, I just CANNOT STAND side quests.

I've been doing them for weeks at this point. I'm not progressing on my Myth and Storm alts until every side quest up to Celestia has been completed.