Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Best seeds to keep

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 12, 2020
Ok I am loaded down with a ton of seeds. What are the main seeds you want to keep and grow? I know Couch Potatoes are good and I have some. But what other seeds are best to keep and grow?

Survivor
Jan 12, 2013
Evil magma peas, king parsley, ultra king parsley. For reagents I like dandelion -> orange dandelion -> pink dandelion sequence. I like sword fern. I threw away all my honey bee plants, but looking at them now I wish I'd kept them. Not sure what else people grow, but that's about it for me.

Survivor
Jul 06, 2018
any small seeds i keep for a large farm. aligator pear trees and couch potates, evil magma peas and king parsley, i rotate what i want to grow for the small plots but i keep couch potatoes and aligator pear trees

Explorer
May 28, 2012
All Me on Oct 4, 2020 wrote:
Ok I am loaded down with a ton of seeds. What are the main seeds you want to keep and grow? I know Couch Potatoes are good and I have some. But what other seeds are best to keep and grow?
I have decided to give you several ideas and the why's behind the plantings.

Couch Potatoes and Ivy League have the same needs-music and water and using a #2 pest removal spell helps= Ivy drops reagents and several (5 different) treasure cards; Couch will drop usable snacks and usable treasure cards. Both will return your seed at final harvest. Plants are planted as follows:
XXX large plots
XXX
XXXXX medium plots
XXXXX

Alligator Pears and Evil Magma Peas have some same needs-music and water plus a sun and bees and using a #two pest removal spell helps= both drop their likes, snacks and TC's. Both will return your seed at final harvest and the Alligator Pear has a chance to drop the Ultra Alligator Pear tree for a chance of getting the Potent trap TC.
Planting as above

Key Limes and Silver Trumpets needs for both include magic, sun, music and bees plus #1 pest. Key Limes will drop the reagent Shocked Key and saleable snacks if necessary, Silver Trumpets drops treasure cards, Braided Vine plus a few other reagents along with its housing likes. Both plants dropped their seeds, plus ST has a chance to drop the original Trumpet vine and an Ultra Trumpet vine for a chance at amber from ultra. Plants are planted as follows:
XXXXX medium plots
XXXXX
XXXXX
XXXXX

The only other seeds I would recommend keeping a few are the Purple Snow Apples and Sword Ferns. This is due to the snacks and TC cards that are dropped. Sword Ferns drop the craft able TC's for crafting spells along with blades for different schools. The seeds needs are bees and water plus magic and a #3 pest spell. Planting as above

A large spell will cover the planting areas if closely planted. If you only have a few seeds for the medium plots you could plant six plots for use of medium need spells.

King Parsley and Dandelions are both good for reagents that are usually in short supply in the bazaar.