Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

this game needs a huge rework.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 21, 2019
As a pvp player, I noticed a trend because of the new updates.
Fire: Shrike -90, ffa, end of the game.
Storm: Bolt Bolt Bolt, Hit Max, and then storm beetle, Shad.
Myth: Spam Troll Spellements and then mystic or Yaga.
Death: Shrike and Vengeful through a set shield, dealing 8k damage.
Ice: LOL IT takes more skill to play ice than any other school in the meta right now.
Balance: nova. nova. nova, mana burn. enemy is almost at half the health. Bang gaze into the wyrm.
Life: well honestly they good where they are at. Just carry a fortify and Lum the daylights out of the opponent until they give up.

See the common problem? Efreet seriously needs a rework especially with the new gear sets. Storm is just so rag reliant that it takes the fun out of pvp. Myth is just pay to win, seriously I am not willing to drops loads of money to get the spellements. Death, like seriously why do you even need the death minotaur that already deals more damage than the enchanted Minotaur. Balance is not even balanced anymore, they always keep bubble control, and mana burn you while in shrike, and then just go for the final blow with a wyrm or judgement. I am seriously angered that I lose a lot of rank mainly to these common reasons. I worked hard for my ranks and to literally lose so much over a short period of time due to these upgrades are quite boring. I am literally on the verge of quitting the game despite the new world coming out. It is seriously just not worth it to see these new spells just making the game barely unbearable. Like where is the consistency, yes storm does have low health but do they need pierce,crit, and insane damage with cards that just rip through everything when in shrike or pierce enchanted? Does myth really need all those minions that can spam traps for a potential one shot? Does balance even need a aura pop that deals 2.3k when you critical, meanwhile getting rid of the damage or resistance bubble? The main point aside from my frustrations is that the game shouldn't be made to rely on pure luck and dollar bills. There should at least be some strategy involved, and I know im just not the only one upset about this. I remember in the good old days of wiz, when no one critted 7/10 with 30% critical.

Survivor
Nov 25, 2019
MrGalbi on Oct 2, 2020 wrote:
Ice: LOL IT takes more skill to play ice than any other school in the meta right now.
Balance: nova. nova. nova, mana burn. enemy is almost at half the health. Bang gaze into the wyrm.
Life: well honestly they good where they are at. Just carry a fortify and Lum the daylights out of the opponent until they give up.

See the common problem? Efreet seriously needs a rework especially with the new gear sets. Storm is just so rag reliant that it takes the fun out of pvp. Myth is just pay to win, seriously I am not willing to drops loads of money to get the spellements. Death, like seriously why do you even need the death minotaur that already deals more damage than the enchanted Minotaur. Balance is not even balanced anymore, they always keep bubble control, and mana burn you while in shrike, and then just go for the final blow with a wyrm or judgement. I am seriously angered that I lose a lot of rank mainly to these common reasons. I worked hard for my ranks and to literally lose so much over a short period of time due to these upgrades are quite boring. I am literally on the verge of quitting the game despite the new world coming out. It is seriously just not worth it to see these new spells just making the game barely unbearable. Like where is the consistency, yes storm does have low health but do they need pierce,crit, and insane damage with cards that just rip through everything when in shrike or pierce enchanted? Does myth really need all those minions that can spam traps for a potential one shot? Does balance even need a aura pop that deals 2.3k when you critical, meanwhile getting rid of the damage or resistance bubble? The main point aside from my frustrations is that the game shouldn't be made to rely on pure luck and dollar bills. There should at least be some strategy involved, and I know im just not the only one upset about this. I remember in the good old days of wiz, when no one critted 7/10 with 30% critical.
Eh storm and life are the worst schools in the meta rn, especially storm, a storm nerf would be a bad idea all in all. And id say ice is the most consistent almost broken top tier school since you pretty much just beat rng with all those insane stats, theres a reason why ice has the highest win loss ratio among all pvp schools.

Still though I agree with what youre saying, the mana burn shrike buff was a horrible idea, giving them that much control over a match unbalances the game heavily, especially when you have schools like life and storm dying due to a lack of options.

Then theres myth spellements which just completely killed my will to even pvp, its an awfully balanced spell, 5 pips worth of value for 2 and even if it wasnt pay to win itd still be broken. I honestly have no respect for Ki making that spell.

And the 90 efreets??? Talk about laziness, all they have to do really is fix the values on all 90 efreet cards to 45, both pet and every school tc. Such a broken spell being in the game just murders strategy. Its impossible to win against a fire as a storm due to the fire elf efreet ffa combo.

I feel like ki is trying but its been over 2 months since they promised that life would get some buffs to rebalance it after the crit healing nerf and no comments have been made. Waiting for proper action and descsions to be made to balance pvp is not the move honestly, itll take too long.

Champion
Jun 26, 2009
As I'm sure many, many, many players have posted before...
PvP needs a complete break from PvE. Spells and gear.
Every addition since some would argue jade gear has increased the decline of PvP.

What needs to be done I'm sure is way too expensive and time consuming for Kingsisle interest.
Here we are.

Mastermind
Mar 19, 2011

I have developed a very easy and effective defense against Supernova cast by Balance.

I simply do not cast auras when I am facing a Balance. Problem solved!

Survivor
Aug 21, 2019
Liam Swiftwalker on Oct 25, 2020 wrote:
I have developed a very easy and effective defense against Supernova cast by Balance.

I simply do not cast auras when I am facing a Balance. Problem solved!
I'm not sure if you are aware of pet maycasts. And you have to take into account that the auras are beneficial against other schools. Hence, for the pip value+damage+ for what it does, its way too good. You over simplified your argument there.

Mastermind
Mar 19, 2011
MrGalbi on Oct 27, 2020 wrote:
I'm not sure if you are aware of pet maycasts. And you have to take into account that the auras are beneficial against other schools. Hence, for the pip value+damage+ for what it does, its way too good. You over simplified your argument there.
Yes, I am aware of the benefit of auras. I use auras all the time.

Yes I am aware of pet maycast auras.

I do not use maycast aura pets, because I want to be in control of when I have an aura and in control of which exact aura it is.

I don't like the idea of getting a may cast Punishment, when I am facing a Spirit school, or ANY kind of aura when my opponent is a Balance wizard.

Why would I want a pet talent that hurts me?

But I love it when my opponents' pets use maycast auras! Silly Fire wizards!

There is one situation where I will cast an aura on myself when my opponent is a Balance wizard. I notice that Balance wizards almost never cast auras against me. They know better. He knows that I know better, too.

A Balance wizard typically carries just five or six supernova cards--pierce enchanted and in their side deck. If it is late in a match, I might take a chance that he might have already discarded all his Supernova cards.

Late in a match is when you are most likely to get away with using auras when facing a Balance wizard.

Every school I face has some special annoying moves. I could make a deck that is great against the school of Life, but bad against other schools.

I have to pack my deck in a way that I at least have a chance of countering whatever comes at me.

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
Almost every player I've seen in the arena has a maycast aura on a pet. Getting a 5 round aura for nothing is like getting an extra turn. It's too good to give up. It's ridiculous that balance wizards get to effectively turn off an astral school for their opponents or just do massive damage for little pip cost off of maycasts.

What I would do is nerf supernova and give other schools ways to manipulate auras. For example, a spell could invert the aura (your 15% fortify now increases incoming damage by 15%) or gain a bonus based on whether an opponent has an aura.

Explorer
May 08, 2010
it's been 4 months since the spell audit and efreet tcs are still -90, and they're so easy to get that any fight you face in a quickmatch tourney just spams them

this is something that should've been changed with the audit too :/

Survivor
Jan 14, 2012
MrGalbi on Oct 27, 2020 wrote:
Yea but that's the give and take of the game. Gotta keep things balanced. For each good stat there must be something to trade for it.

Survivor
Jan 14, 2012
Robobot1747 on Nov 2, 2020 wrote:
Almost every player I've seen in the arena has a maycast aura on a pet. Getting a 5 round aura for nothing is like getting an extra turn. It's too good to give up. It's ridiculous that balance wizards get to effectively turn off an astral school for their opponents or just do massive damage for little pip cost off of maycasts.

What I would do is nerf supernova and give other schools ways to manipulate auras. For example, a spell could invert the aura (your 15% fortify now increases incoming damage by 15%) or gain a bonus based on whether an opponent has an aura.
So if we get rid of nova's strength and nerf mana burn what does balance even have?

Survivor
Jan 14, 2012

I'm pretty confused. It's like you're saying all max level wizards are broken. Yeah PvP is extremely hard. People are smart. Ice is statistically the best school. No debate. Are you suggesting they nerf... the game? This is confusing.