Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Storm Titan & Trident Warning

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 20, 2013
One of the greatest things you guys (KI) ever did, was to stop dungeons from kicking players out who died in battle... made helping people out a lot easier, knowing that even if they died, they would still get credit for the dungeon!

So imagine my rage, when I died in the Storm Titan battle, and had the chance to flee, but in order to save time, opted to stay, as we were down to killing a couple minions to be done with it... and upon their deaths, I found myself kicked completely out of the dungeon! Seriously, post a warning sign out front of that place that you must be alive at end in order to receive credit!

Survivor
Dec 10, 2008
I believe the battle has to be finished within three rounds of a player being defeated in combat for them to still receive credit. I haven't seen this confirmed anywhere but I've experienced myself in Darkmoor and in a few dungeons as well, I hope this helps you avoid further frustration. I do agree though that I much preferred when they allowed a defeated player to still enjoy the spoils of victory regardless for how long they've been knocked out.

Survivor
Jul 06, 2009
Would be a little better if we didn't get hit so hard on our return. At least a chance to do some damage. But when I return I get 1 round to bonus and I am dead again. Not fun.

Explorer
Apr 17, 2012
There is a big problem with the trident fight. The minions are stacking meaning there isn't 3 but 6! After I killed the first 3. 3 more remained! And if that wasn't enough of a bug. Since i had to flee to get more hit cards once the battle was over I wasn't able to proceed. I was ported back to Aerial shores!

Survivor
Jan 17, 2014
The trident is super glitchy, and won't let me move past it. I finally beat the boss, only for it to glitch and refuse to let me use spells against the minions. It's really disheartening when it's such a tough boss and I've spent many efforts to try and do it, yet I've come short every time until this one, then it glitches and doesn't let me win. It shows multiple refractions in the same circle as well, making it even harder to beat. I'm honestly surprised this is still in the game with the level of glitches that nearly everyone suffers dealing with the trident. It takes me nearly thirty-forty minutes to complete it, and most of the time we end up losing. I can't get into Karamelle without it. I expected better.

Tavia JadeShade
Level 130

Defender
Dec 20, 2012
TaviaJadeShade on Nov 25, 2020 wrote:
The trident is super glitchy, and won't let me move past it. I finally beat the boss, only for it to glitch and refuse to let me use spells against the minions. It's really disheartening when it's such a tough boss and I've spent many efforts to try and do it, yet I've come short every time until this one, then it glitches and doesn't let me win. It shows multiple refractions in the same circle as well, making it even harder to beat. I'm honestly surprised this is still in the game with the level of glitches that nearly everyone suffers dealing with the trident. It takes me nearly thirty-forty minutes to complete it, and most of the time we end up losing. I can't get into Karamelle without it. I expected better.

Tavia JadeShade
Level 130
I'm so sorry to hear that! I hope it can get restored soon, friend! :) That boss is hard and I hope that you get it fixed up.

Cheyenne StormHunter
Level 132

Mastermind
Jul 04, 2010
i dont know if this is a glitch or not but in karamelle when we are defeated in a dungeon are dungeon recall back we have to do the other battle again

Delver
Jun 10, 2012
hi;

1. the 6 minions is not a glitch that's wanted if you want only 3 minions you must keep them alive one more turn with the risk that bring.

2. you won't complete the quest if your not in the fight before the trident break so if you flee to get more card to kill minions after, that mean you enter in a fight without the boss so you will never complete it; the quest is beating the trident to get access to whats next so survie at all cost.

i'm actually helping teams for the trident so if you still locked maybe i can help you

Kane GoldenFlame

Delver
Jun 10, 2012
Hi;
reported a bug one min ago and i wanted to see if someone get the same.
i see you too suffered from it.

So we were fighting the storm trident;
As always the summon glitch happened and we seen 4 time the:
"The paradox chain charging him backup. Look out!" from mellorie
The second part:
"... this is hopeless/ no it's not keep attacking" and " you cannot control the... BOUM" played normally.

But it's seems 12 myth reflexion appeared on the first summoning spot (14 minion on the fight).
the selection system glitched too except aoe for me and spells from the death witches with us no one could select and target someone friend or foes.
We tried to get rid slowly of the stacked minions and see they die 3 per 3.
After only 9 remain the game crashed and we lose the rewards of course
We stayed as much as possible to see if that could be beaten and if that multiply by 12 the reward :)

i beaten him long ago so that just a minor problem for me but if you need help and if this wont happen again i farm the trident i'll be happy to help anyone who stuck at it.

Survivor
May 27, 2013
I know I hate how buggy the battle is. The other day after killing the trident a million of minions joined and we had to start over since it glitched out.

Survivor
Jul 11, 2012
after trying with different groups 3 time previously, my group won the battle after 2.5 hours, then when I threw crowns into the chest for extra rewards the game crashed (after tons of bugs during the battle). Not sure if I received the extra gear I crowned.

No credit because even though I have the quest to talk to Mallori after the Trident battle, she's not there.

@kingsisle developers, you should move the final conversation with Mallori outside of the dungeon so if this still buggy battle crashes wizards can complete the quest without another 2 hour investment.

Survivor
Dec 29, 2008
This is exactly the same issue i've been experiencing. I had to re-do the dungeon at least 5 times to actually get past it and even then it was still an issue. The GUI kept vanishing, couldn't select any cards to play, if you fled and rejoined the dungeon it would crash the entire parties games. This is for sure an issue that needs attention as it's a pretty crucial battle to be able to get to the new world.

Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
For some reason I lost my main quest, the last quest in Empyrea, "Braving the Storm", I believe it's called. I beat the Aether Titan but I am unable to talk to Bartelby and no dialogue appears or anything so I am stuck. Please fix, because I am unable to continue the story line. :(

Defender
Dec 20, 2012
If at all possible, if someone from KI could take a look at this, it'd be swell. This boss is one of (if not the) toughest in the game, and to put that much effort into it (twice!) and not be able to move onto the new world that was just released must really stink.

Cheyenne StormHunter
Level 132

Administrator
Thanks all, we're aware of the issue and looking into it now! Please keep the feedback coming if you have anything more to mention.

Survivor
Jan 17, 2014
Sparck on Nov 30, 2020 wrote:
Thanks all, we're aware of the issue and looking into it now! Please keep the feedback coming if you have anything more to mention.
Thanks Sparck! Will we see on the boards once it's fixed/ready to go? :)

Survivor
Oct 04, 2011
After i beat the trident, i can't go to the Broken Bough. When i try to go there, the game just port me to Wizard City. Please fix this issue, because i can't start Karamelle.