Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Jewel plants

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 06, 2009
OK, I understand that the seed-doubling during double gardening rewards has been blocked.

However, the wiki states that the five sorts of jewel plants will each produce a seed of their own type at elder harvest, AND have a chance of producing a second jewel seed of a random type. At least, that's my understanding. I've been told that the chance of the second seed has also been blocked, but the wiki hasn't changed.

Can someone at KI clarify this matter, please?

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
While I am not a KI member, I do have experience with all the jewels plants as I have a few gardens of them.

In my experience post the gardening update, the plants have only drop their own seed. They have not drop any additional seeds, even on double gardening.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Brian Skulleyes on Sep 16, 2020 wrote:
OK, I understand that the seed-doubling during double gardening rewards has been blocked.

However, the wiki states that the five sorts of jewel plants will each produce a seed of their own type at elder harvest, AND have a chance of producing a second jewel seed of a random type. At least, that's my understanding. I've been told that the chance of the second seed has also been blocked, but the wiki hasn't changed.

Can someone at KI clarify this matter, please?
The chance of a second seed with Jewel plants is only blocked in regards to Double Rewards. They still have a "CHANCE" of dropping another seed of any of the OTHER Jewel seeds BUT, even that is VERY RARE.

Survivor
Aug 06, 2009
I thought that might be the case. Do we have any idea of what "very rare" means in numerical terms?

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Brian Skulleyes on Sep 18, 2020 wrote:
I thought that might be the case. Do we have any idea of what "very rare" means in numerical terms?
Unfortunately, no. They are just so random that it is not possible to predict when that may happen.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Star Edward on Sep 16, 2020 wrote:
While I am not a KI member, I do have experience with all the jewels plants as I have a few gardens of them.

In my experience post the gardening update, the plants have only drop their own seed. They have not drop any additional seeds, even on double gardening.

Even with the Gardening Update, the Jewel plants do still drop a "RARE" seed for one of the other Jewel plants. I recently got a Circle seed from a Star plant.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
DragonLady1818 on Sep 25, 2020 wrote:
Even with the Gardening Update, the Jewel plants do still drop a "RARE" seed for one of the other Jewel plants. I recently got a Circle seed from a Star plant.
This is good to know! Thanks.

I kinda gave up hope on gaining more seeds through this way since they have never dropped any other seed except their own upon elder harvest.

Any other updates regarding the drops?

Survivor
May 13, 2020
One of the problems with the double rewards is it blocks the second seed chance on plants that give seeds as a normal reward. It stops huckleberries from giving their normal seed reward as a second chance. The huckleberry sticks out as prime example of the problem. Appears to also stop the chance you might get a king parsley or ultra king. Right now I don't have any pink dandilions I'm harvesting but it probably sto the chance of a second chance giving a ultra.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Star Edward on Sep 26, 2020 wrote:
This is good to know! Thanks.

I kinda gave up hope on gaining more seeds through this way since they have never dropped any other seed except their own upon elder harvest.

Any other updates regarding the drops?

I do think the Double rewards may interfere with getting that "Rare" drop from Jewel plants and possibly with some of the other plants as well. I harvested mine outside of the Double rewards when I got that Circle seed.

Off Topic.
I have not really paid much attention to those mentioned by @Daniel2300073 so not sure if this benefit has anything to do with not getting Ultras.

Mastermind
Mar 19, 2011
Translate "very rare" to mean "almost never."

Survivor
Dec 28, 2010
I open 30k crown didn't event get a jewl seed. I feel rip off after come back to this game for over 7 years and just sub for a year too. This RNG slot machine pack opening feel like a rip off. I start to think come back this game was very bad idea.

Delver
Apr 16, 2014
0 to none?

i cannot even remember the last time i got an extra seed from jewel plants. I thought they must have done away with it. I garden jewel plants all the time.

Explorer
Nov 16, 2016
An extra jewel seed still drops from jewel plants. I got one a couple of days ago. I don't know the numerical chance, but I think it has been months since that last happened.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
I can now confirm as Dragonlady mentioned, the Jewel Plants does have an exceedingly rare chance of dropping another seed upon elder harvest (only).

A recent harvest produced an extra seed from my triangle jewel plant. This seed however was a circular jewel plant.

So, it does happen, just extremely rarely.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
hopefulz33 on Oct 20, 2020 wrote:
0 to none?

i cannot even remember the last time i got an extra seed from jewel plants. I thought they must have done away with it. I garden jewel plants all the time.
The Jewel plants do drop an extra seed, but as I said it is very rare. I have received those extra seeds on 3 different wizards over the past 2 months. Usually a Circle but, at least it is and extra.