Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Making a Myth Wizard!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 22, 2016
Hello! I kinda need some help, I’m starting a Myth Wizard! But.. I would like to know the best way to solo as myth. And if anyone can tell me, what the best gear is? I plan on finishing unicorn way, next is cyclops lane (I think that’s where you get myth gear?) then triton (so I can farm Kraken for rental mounts) and last forecast alley. After that I was planning on doing crab alley before finishing and going to Krokotopia. Please correct me if that’s a bad plan! I’ve never made a Myth Wizard before so I would love some advice!

Keira ThunderCloud

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Welcome to the school of Myth!

I must say, the school has increasingly been gaining a small boost in popularity ever since the most recent update.

This was the final school I created through the 7th elixir slot and it's been one of the more enjoyable schools I have been using.

Now, to your query.

Gear;

Don't worry about farming any mob/boss until you get to level 30. Here, your own school professor will grant you a quest giving you access to Aquilia. Here, you will encounter the first dungeon instance; Mount Olympus. Farm this dungeon for your level 30 gear.

So, until you get to this level, gear from Bazaar will work just fine. Be sure to update it every five levels. Meaning, level 10, then 15, 20 and so on. It helps, especially if you intend on soloing.

Questing;

The plan you have laid out is actually perfect. Begin by doing Cyclops Lane first, then Triton, then Firecat then Colossus Boulevard.
I recommend doing all sides you come across including the crafting quests. They do help tremendously.

In terms of mounts, remember there are a few permanent mounts within the crown shop available for gold, the cheapest being the chestnut pony for 50,000 Gold Pieces if I recall correctly. You also have some 7-day ones for as low as 10,000 gold pieces, so be sure to check those out.

You can also receive mounts from rewards of daily questing (quests you unlock starting at level 12).

Training Points

How you use your training points is very important.

Begin by visiting the school and training until you learn feint at level 26.

Be sure to pick up the spiritual blades/traps from the Balance Tree in Krok.

Don't waste your points learning a school all the way until the end.

Strategy

At lower levels, the school's minions are very handy. Don't underestimate the Golem Minion for example. He does a good job at trickling damage at mobs, especially at zero pips.

You will eventually learn how to summon a cyclops, this minion is also a well rounded one.

Post if you've anymore queries.

Good Luck!

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
One of the biggest things you can do to help yourself solo is to do Monstrology. myth is the ONLY school who can have 3 Monstrology monsters in the fight with them. Keep farming every world you can because there are some really nice places to farm. There's lists online, as well as walkthroughs on this, that will show you the available monsters you can farm for. They drop animus. You can then turn that animus into a "summon monster" card for a small amount of gold.

Star's comment about the level 30 gear is spot on.

When you get to level 50, have a friend help you get to Celestia to get the Sun (damage enhancing) and Star school (the ones that give you an aura that increases your damage) spells.

Survivor
Apr 22, 2016
Thank you so much! Ah yes, just now realized I missed Colossus and something else I missed was what pet should I use (That isn’t from the crown shop)? Also are there any TC’s at the library that would be useful? As well as should I do Grizzleheim once I get it, or wait? So.. sorry for all the questions..

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
No, keep posting the questions.

We're happy to help!

In terms of treasures, purchase these from the Bazaar (way cheaper), but coupled with monstrology, (if you want to more feedback there, let us know) you can buy TC mythblades and also damage enchanting spells such as tough and strong.

When you draw these cards (from your side deck) you can use them to increase the damage of your attacking spells (troll, cyclops etc.) This can often make the difference between if a mob survives a hit or dies. This is also one of the fundamental rules you will learn when it comes to soloing. Enchanting your spells are crucial.

In terms of Grizzleheim, I do recommend doing this world. This is the gateway to spells (that you will only learn by completing quests here) and school pets further down the line.

Speaking of pets, you don't need to necessarily worry about a great pet now. In all fairness, I would say that you won't need an excellent pet until maybe level 50?

For now, any providing a mythblade can work. Visit the hatchmaking kiosk in the Pet Pavilion and search there. Hatching is quite expensive though..

Survivor
Apr 22, 2016
Thanks Dayerider! I really appreciate your help guys! I’ll be sure to check back here once and awhile Incase anyone else has some advice!

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Emma Emerald on Sep 16, 2020 wrote:
Thank you so much! Ah yes, just now realized I missed Colossus and something else I missed was what pet should I use (That isn’t from the crown shop)? Also are there any TC’s at the library that would be useful? As well as should I do Grizzleheim once I get it, or wait? So.. sorry for all the questions..
Here's MY policy on pets. The pets I used are the level 98 school quest reward pets. These pets give an item card blade (which is VERY useful at low levels), and in my experience, also tend to heal me the best (they tend to be very active, more so than non-reward pets). This is just an observation without scientific proof behind it, so take it with a grain of salt. You can hatch for any pet in the game, but it can be tough to get the pet you want, with the abilities you want. You'll need a ton of mega snacks to level your pets effectively.

Survivor
Apr 22, 2016
Well I used the share bank to transfer my Pegasus Pony pet, and it has the spell card Judgment. So far it has proved to be very useful on the 3 streets.

Survivor
Apr 22, 2016
I’ve been using the Pegasus Pony pet because it gives a Judgment card and it has proved useful several times and got me through WC bosses easily, but now it doesn’t seem as great to use in Krokotopia now that I have better options for spells to use. But none the less it’s a cute pet and I can go leave it in the Red Barn Farm once I can find something better

Olivia MythBane - lvl. 15 and running