Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Purposely losing Beastmoon

AuthorMessage
Delver
Aug 10, 2010
This is the 2nd time I've been in Beastmoon and been with teams that throw the game. There needs to be consequences for this type of thing. These players need to be banned from Beastmoon.
May I suggest that a system be worked up that gives 0 points/rewards to players that throw matches and also to the team that "benefits" from the thrown game.

These players not only cheat the system but openly say their going to throw the game and if they're caught, they'll just be back with a new account.

How can this be fixed?

Delver
Jun 10, 2012
Hi,
Maybe adding a report button specific for the beastmoon hunt and mayhem.
Sadly i don't agree for the 0 for the other team that could be very unfair

Explorer
Jun 19, 2010
Yesterday was my first observation of this abuse of the game. In on match it was the other team - Myth Rat named Andrew - he would run into a ring being capped and as soon as it was card select he would flee. I observed him do this repeatedly - My team won the match specifically due to the Rat's fleeing the fights.

Several hours later the same activity happened again, however this time it was a member of my own team that was doing the exact same join and flee. He made sure that no other team mate was close enough to join the fight before he fled. I am not sure if it is important, but a different team mate text chatted that the fire elf on the other team was friends with the fire elf on our team that was fleeing the fight.

Since yesterday, I have encountered similar activity in about a dozen matches, both by my team mates and the other team.

I don't know how to prevent it, but it sure is frustrating to be invaded by a cheating faction in Wizards101

Explorer
Jun 19, 2010
I too have observed what appears an intentional play style to purposely lose the match.

Once I was on the winning team - could not understand why the fire elf would run into a ring being capped to start a fight, but them immediately fleeing the fight. - It was on Friday around 6 PM CDT - player's name was Andrew on red team. He repeated this action over five times - fast match - Blue won with red having less that 17 points.

The second obvious activity was Saturday evening and this time it was my team that lost due to a fire elf doing the exact same activity - run in then flee before any other team member could have time to join the fight.

Since Friday I have witnessed multiple fights that were "thrown" to the favor of the other team. Saturday afternoon one of my team mates, not in a fight, just spinning on the side of a ring, even mentioned that the elf's mother was on the other team and she needed points for the scroll.

Gee talk about admitting at least two players were in collusion to either not participate in the game, or purposely causing a fight to be lost for the benefit of a family member on the other team.

I have no idea how Wizards can prevent such activity - But it sure has changed the integrity and fun of playing Beastmoon.