Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Character Builds

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 22, 2019
Hello, all. I have been playing W101 for a short(ish) amount of time and have a question.

I started a newer wizard in Life Class, and I am unsure what to build as a secondary. In your own opinion, would or be better, and why?

At the moment, I have been building (and was planning up until Feint), but notice that I have to spend more time healing in battle and don't have enough damage output when playing solo.

Thank you in advance!

Administrator
L Ryuzaki on Sep 3, 2020 wrote:
Hello, all. I have been playing W101 for a short(ish) amount of time and have a question.

I started a newer wizard in Life Class, and I am unsure what to build as a secondary. In your own opinion, would or be better, and why?

At the moment, I have been building (and was planning up until Feint), but notice that I have to spend more time healing in battle and don't have enough damage output when playing solo.

Thank you in advance!
Welcome to the forums and community! Life class, good choice, I have a life wizard too!

I'm sure someone here will be more than happy to help you out.

Defender
Jan 16, 2010
Death until Feint is definitely a good idea. One of the major drawbacks of the life class is the lack of an all attack damage spell until you get to a certain level (Forest Lord is a fantastic spell, although you can get a lower level all attack spell from the Grizzleheim Lore Pack if you're willing to spend crowns to try to get it). Death not only gives you the ability to get some attack spells, but you get shields additionally as well. I would also get Spirit Blades and Spirit Traps from Niles when you get to Krokotopia. Those shields give you traps and blades not only for Life but also for the Death school spells as well. So if you put both sets of attack spells in your deck, you can benefit from multiple blades. (What I tend to do when I'm playing one of the Spirit Schools or Elemental Schools is load up my treasure card deck with spells from the same school - so if I'm playing a Life, I'll put Myth and Death cards in my Treasure Card deck that way I can benefit from the Spirit Traps and Spirit Blades).

I would also recommend going Ice to Tower Shield. Now, there are those who would say you don't need to do this if you're not doing PvP, but I've always been PvE, and I've always found this to be helpful on my characters, but it is an individual choice. Starting out with you have a lot of Death enemies, so your school shield against Death enemies should be able to help you out fairly easily at lower levels; and then by the time you're old enough to get Tower Shield, you can benefit by stacking shields.

Hope this helped!

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Welcome to the Forums!

Now, about your query.

You mentioned it correctly, one of life's issues is the damage output they tend to have.

Training to feint is a fantastic idea. That spell will greatly come in handy.

Avoid , no need to learn any spells from that school.

In battle as well, what is your strategy like?

Your deck should be small with only a few number of spells. No need to pack it to the brim.

What level are you?

Also, some additional advice, you should buy Tough, Strong and Monstrous TC from the Bazaar. Use these cards to enchant the ones you have of your own to increase the damage on your spells just before using them in battle.

It makes a difference!

Survivor
Apr 22, 2016
I would say you should go with storm if your trying to hit hard. Life wizards are geared more towards healing but they can hit. Storm spells use less pips for more damage, with the cost of some accuracy. Death can hit and steal health form their enemies. If your trying to heal and attack but don’t have enough pips/ turns to do both, go with death! It’s really just up to your play style and problem. I am quite sorry if I’m not being much help, I’m just going off of forums I have read

Keira ThunderCloud - Adept