Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Myth, the School of Eww

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 27, 2013
All I can figure is that the developers hate Myth. Why else would you curse the students with the grossest spells? It took me a while to get used to vomiting on my enemies (Humongofrog), but now I have the potential of farting on them as well (Gobbler). We live in a world remarkably full of beautiful myths and yet we have to resort to this? It's like the lion's share of myths have been taken and given to other schools, while the actual Myth School receives manufactured adolescent potty humor. No wonder many players avoid the school.

Survivor
Aug 17, 2014
Fandango739 on Sep 1, 2020 wrote:
All I can figure is that the developers hate Myth. Why else would you curse the students with the grossest spells? It took me a while to get used to vomiting on my enemies (Humongofrog), but now I have the potential of farting on them as well (Gobbler). We live in a world remarkably full of beautiful myths and yet we have to resort to this? It's like the lion's share of myths have been taken and given to other schools, while the actual Myth School receives manufactured adolescent potty humor. No wonder many players avoid the school.
This game has a wonderfully fun art style. Additionally, you have to note the game's family friendliness and target audience. What puddled negativity you want to throw at stuff like that won't be a force of change. It's lighthearted and fun. Furthermore, it's easy to counter your examples with counterexamples:

• Mystic Colossus
  • Keepe of the Flame
  • Medusa
  • Basilisk

...they are all examples of supremely amazing, cool, and wickedly stylish spells.

So, take it from an Wizard and chill

Defender
Dec 20, 2012
Fandango739 on Sep 1, 2020 wrote:
People usually avoid the school because the specialty is useless now, not because of gross spells. I do think though with the last update it could help Myth! Does myth have more gross spells than others? Sure it does. But it's an attempt at humor, and in my opinion, a good one. Humongofrog isn't that gross in all honesty, and gobblers can simply throw a taco sometimes. As a somewhat ice-wizard, I sometimes dislike the spells that all look the same with different versions of blue, and myth has a wonderful variety of colors. Everyone has different preferences and tastes. As another poster pointed out, there are many wonderful spells in the school of myth visually. If it's not your cup of tea, then avoid it. I'm sure plenty of people feel otherwise.

Cheyenne StormHunter
Visionary Diviner
Level 130

Survivor
Sep 11, 2010
Defender
Aug 20, 2008
wackyjustin on Sep 4, 2020 wrote:
Is it really the school of ew?
Well, did you ever wonder why a "blood bat" spits green globs all over the place instead of red bloody blobs?

Back in the very earliest beta test era, they were called "booger bats".

Yeah, Myth had all the "mythiest" stuff but also all of the wierdest stuff as well.

Of course, regardless of all that, back in the early days a thread like this would be complaining about how over-powered Myth was, thanks to their minions. I miss those days. ;-)

Defender
May 27, 2013
So let me ask you this, what is the grossest spell you can think of for the other schools?