Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Strongly Desired Spell Changes: Orthrus, Mystic, and Gaze

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 25, 2010
I feel like this should be stated if it has not been already.

I’m requesting for a few spells to be modified somewhat. Orthrus, Mystic Colossus, and Gaze of Fate.

The damage/AoE ability of Orthrus is actually quite good. I’m quite happy with that. But I STRONGLY wish for the second animation to be played when used rather than the first. It just feels weird when we’re only seeing one head doing all the work while the other just barely assists. It would make the spell much more menacing when the second animation is used. It'll take slightly longer but it would give it much more of an appeal.

Mystic Colossus really needs to be buffed more. I’m not asking for it to be restored to its original stats but I wish for one of the following.
1) Increase the damage from 650 to 770. I think of shadow pips as a multiplier. So the spell using 5 pips plus a shadow pip would make it 10 pips worthy. Considering it’s a hit all, and that it only removes one shield beforehand, it would make it much more viable for a myth character to use.
2) Increase the amount of shields it shatters before it attacks. I suggest at least three shields or perhaps restore its ability to shatter all shields *before* attacking; but just three at least. One shield really won’t cut the cake. You'd have to think about spirit shields and stacked tower shields.

Gaze of Fate. It must be realized it has less desirable stats, especially now in PvE instances. 10 pips (5 pips + shadow). Only doing 325 + 345 (670) damage really is underwhelming. Even with a unique global, it’s a single hit spell that should do at least 400 + 500 (900). It’s not really going to be used, and even less of a chance now, now that it’s been reduced in damage. The spell itself is a great concept but it should be shown more love.

Overall I’m not the happiest with *some* of the spell changes since I came back about four weeks ago but I do find the rest of them completely reasonable. I just ask that the three spells I’ve mentioned above be given a closer look.

Thank you for reading. Hope it gets considered.

Survivor
Nov 25, 2019
I feel like this is the prob woth pve and pvp not being split. I cant agree to these buffs with how theyd affect pvp.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
poshtoad on Aug 31, 2020 wrote:
I feel like this should be stated if it has not been already.

I’m requesting for a few spells to be modified somewhat. Orthrus, Mystic Colossus, and Gaze of Fate.

The damage/AoE ability of Orthrus is actually quite good. I’m quite happy with that. But I STRONGLY wish for the second animation to be played when used rather than the first. It just feels weird when we’re only seeing one head doing all the work while the other just barely assists. It would make the spell much more menacing when the second animation is used. It'll take slightly longer but it would give it much more of an appeal.

Mystic Colossus really needs to be buffed more. I’m not asking for it to be restored to its original stats but I wish for one of the following.
1) Increase the damage from 650 to 770. I think of shadow pips as a multiplier. So the spell using 5 pips plus a shadow pip would make it 10 pips worthy. Considering it’s a hit all, and that it only removes one shield beforehand, it would make it much more viable for a myth character to use.
2) Increase the amount of shields it shatters before it attacks. I suggest at least three shields or perhaps restore its ability to shatter all shields *before* attacking; but just three at least. One shield really won’t cut the cake. You'd have to think about spirit shields and stacked tower shields.

Gaze of Fate. It must be realized it has less desirable stats, especially now in PvE instances. 10 pips (5 pips + shadow). Only doing 325 + 345 (670) damage really is underwhelming. Even with a unique global, it’s a single hit spell that should do at least 400 + 500 (900). It’s not really going to be used, and even less of a chance now, now that it’s been reduced in damage. The spell itself is a great concept but it should be shown more love.

Overall I’m not the happiest with *some* of the spell changes since I came back about four weeks ago but I do find the rest of them completely reasonable. I just ask that the three spells I’ve mentioned above be given a closer look.

Thank you for reading. Hope it gets considered.
the 5 pip shadow spells aren't 10 pips their actually 3 pips with added utility just to make them a bit stronger than 5 pip but weaker than 7 pips.

I agree with the first one but prefer it was an all hit animation with the 2 heads doing the animation. They did spoke about making the least or slower aoe into all hits to make up for time, since they gotta start from scratch.

Mystic damage and effect is balance as it is at 635 or 935 is pretty solid damage for a shield breaker aoe spell.
Spirit shield is a general counter but I learn to play around it. Its been used for a quite a while now and has been dominating pvp.

Gaze of fate in my opinion should get its bubble remove and damage increase. This would benefit pve players.

Survivor
Nov 25, 2010
Professional Wizhe... on Sep 1, 2020 wrote:
I feel like this is the prob woth pve and pvp not being split. I cant agree to these buffs with how theyd affect pvp.
Mystic and Gaze? How do you think they should be then?

Survivor
Nov 25, 2019
poshtoad on Sep 2, 2020 wrote:
Mystic and Gaze? How do you think they should be then?
I think theyre fine as they are honestly.